-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Waitlisted at UNC?
Started by pharmdk5
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When did you hear back from them that you got waitlisted?Has anyone else been waitlisted at UNC?
Has anyone else been waitlisted at UNC?
I have.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R
roanoke
When did you hear back from them that you got waitlisted?
I e-mailed Pam yesterday and she got back to me this morning and stated all decisions were mailed out on Mon and Tues, so it should be en route... I still haven't received anything and asked if she could notify me via e-mail- not sure if she will do that but i worth a try at this point...
Good luck
received the decision letter and was also waitlisted. Why wait so long to tell me that I am waitlisted?
Have you guys called and asked when we are getting notified about the waitlist rank yet?
Have you guys called and asked when we are getting notified about the waitlist rank yet?
Have you guys called and asked when we are getting notified about the waitlist rank yet?
I figure it's pretty pointless to ask until the dust settles.
Do any of you have a backup school?
I do not. What am I supposed to do?I figure it's pretty pointless to ask until the dust settles.
Do any of you have a backup school?
I do not. What am I supposed to do?
Trust me. I understand what you're going through. If you're like me, you'll wait (futile as it may be) and then reapply. In the meantime, I'm going to work on becoming more competitive for the next cycle. If you really want this, do not give up.
I do not. What am I supposed to do?
I'm really sorry to hear that misswash. I agree with eos, because I am in the same situation as you both. We just have to tough it out and be prepared to apply again if it comes down to it. We cannot give up.
Just to warn you all, I was on the out of state waitlist last year and it really doesn't start moving until late july/early august up until the first day of class in midaugust. I inexplicably dropped down 10 spaces and was offered a seat a week before their orientation.
Just to warn you all, I was on the out of state waitlist last year and it really doesn't start moving until late july/early august up until the first day of class in midaugust. I inexplicably dropped down 10 spaces and was offered a seat a week before their orientation.
When did you get a waitlist rank list from the school? What number were you by then?
i dont know if its the same, but i was accepted to the elizabeth city campus and i chose to decline and just put myself on the waitlist for the chapel hill campus. on the letter it said that i would find out my ranking by april 18th.
hmm, my letter doesn't say anything about april 18th. Does anyone else have that april 18th on the letter?i dont know if its the same, but i was accepted to the elizabeth city campus and i chose to decline and just put myself on the waitlist for the chapel hill campus. on the letter it said that i would find out my ranking by april 18th.
hmm, my letter doesn't say anything about april 18th. Does anyone else have that april 18th on the letter?
My letter didn't say anything about ranking at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it was one of the choices on my acceptance form for the ecsu campus that i had to return to them.
decline the offer, accept the offer, or decline ecsu and waitlist myself for the chapel hill campus where i would find out my ranking by april 18th ...
decline the offer, accept the offer, or decline ecsu and waitlist myself for the chapel hill campus where i would find out my ranking by april 18th ...
When did you get a waitlist rank list from the school? What number were you by then?
I got the waitlist rank in an email about a month later, and then I was offered an invitation in a week after it started moving.
Hey everyone.
Please don't give up hope. I pretty much had, and I got an acceptance letter today. Hadn't even heard anything about rank yet...
Good luck y'all.
Congrats eos!! It's good to know that someone has heard some good news.👍
Hey guys, has anyone heard about the waitlist rank yet? I thought we should have heard something by Friday...
Nope, I haven't heard anything yet, but one of the other waistlisters I talked to called the office and Pam responded with an email to that person saying that we should know something by the end of this month.
Thanks tryin2beapharm! I'm becoming so nervous now. I wonder how many people the put on the waitlist, and of those people how many were offered spots at ECSU. ughhh. I suppose the best thing to do is stop worrying and let things take their course 🙂.
Pam said she will let us know by today but I have not received anything yet. I was wondering if anyone else in this forum received a thing yet.
Pam said she will let us know by today but I have not received anything yet. I was wondering if anyone else in this forum received a thing yet.
I haven't received anything either.... 😕
I haven't received anything either.... 😕
I haven't heard anything either!
Not to be a Debbie downer or anything, but we should not be surprised that we haven't heard anything by their supposed deadline. These deadline extensions are pretty much the norm this year.
Good luck.
Good luck.
I just received an admissions offer from the waitlist! I was originally offered admission at the ECSU campus, but I requested to wait for Chapel Hill. I'm glad I did! Best of luck to you all. I know the wait is tough.
Congrats!!! How did you receive your acceptance, by email or mail?I just received an admissions offer from the waitlist! I was originally offered admission at the ECSU campus, but I requested to wait for Chapel Hill. I'm glad I did! Best of luck to you all. I know the wait is tough.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was notified of the offer via email. Pam said I should receive a letter within a week.
Congratulations!!! I wonder if they aren't going to bother ranking people this year then, since it's already been a month past when they said it would be done...
I've been wondering about the ranking situation myself. I just wish we could know something either way.
I am in-state.
i called and got my waitlist ranking today. i think im waaay too far down on the list to even have a chance at getting in. good luck to the rest of you!
add me to north dakota state university
got admitted last wed
got admitted last wed
Hi guys!! I am on the waitlist too (out of state)! I got into U of Maryland but my heart is still set on UNC! I called Pam to find my rank but she isnt in the office till the 16th of June. I really hope I get in though! How long do they take to let us know?
I really hope I get in though! How long do they take to let us know?
I was notified that I was placed on out-of-state waitlist in mid-April and received my acceptance letter May 20. Perhaps you will get my seat as I just made the final decision to go to UF over UNC. Best of luck with everything! 🙂
Thank you KTBug lets see how long it takes....they wont tell me my rank on the waiting list as they only rank the top 10 first and then the next 10...so that means im not in the first 10 ....i wonder how many people they actually put on the waiting list? Any ideas???
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 18
- Views
- 5K