Waitlisted at UPenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scoot3r

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got waitlisted at UPenn today as an alternate candidate.

It is my top choice. I was wondering if anyone knew how fast it moves and what my chances would be? Bummed :(

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

An extra spot just opened up, hopefully you'll get it :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I got just the form today but I'm express mailing it back ASAP. Hopefully it isn't too late D:

Members don't see this ad :)
You can probably take my spot...Lucky you...I really would like to go there but the tuition is not the best considering my options. Good luck! It's an awesome school.

You can probably take my spot...Lucky you...I really would like to go there but the tuition is not the best considering my options. Good luck! It's an awesome school.

It is decided.

it-is-decided.gif

It's an awesome school but I will not be attending for the above reason. Before I applied, Penn and UCSF were my top choices. Meeting the students and staff during the interview definitely made this decision a little harder. Good luck!

It is my top choice. I was wondering if anyone knew how fast it moves and what my chances would be? Bummed :(

Thanks
I'm sorry :( Not everyone who interviews gets waitlisted either..they have a small waitlist so you should feel happy about that!

Do you feel your interview went well?

I'm sorry :( Not everyone who interviews gets waitlisted either..they have a small waitlist so you should feel happy about that!

Do you feel your interview went well?

I felt great after the interview tbh. I thought it was one of my better ones overall (I had 4).
I hope to hear back :( Thanks for the reply!

Thanks
stats?

Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.49

100+ hours of shadowing; run my own non-profit charity; Canadian; Lots of volunteering (1000+ hours) and research.

I've also heard that they have a small wait list, so you have a good shot. Also consider that many people who have been accepted still havn't decided between their state school and Penn, which will likely open up spots within the next few months.

Good luck.

Thanks

When did you interview?

Thanks

Sorry to hear about this, but hope it works out for you. Did you receive the waitlist notice via regular mail or UPS, or some other method? UPS emailed me that I have a package coming tomorrow from Penn, and I want to know whether I should get my hopes up at this point or not. I had somehow convinced myself that Penn wouldn't waste $ on UPS for a waitlist or rejection letter.

Really liked Penn @ the interview, but the cost is also a consideration.

Sorry to hear about this, but hope it works out for you. Did you receive the waitlist notice via regular mail or UPS, or some other method? UPS emailed me that I have a package coming tomorrow from Penn, and I want to know whether I should get my hopes up at this point or not. I had somehow convinced myself that Penn wouldn't waste $ on UPS for a waitlist or rejection letter.

Really liked Penn @ the interview, but the cost is also a consideration.

Hey,

Congrats! At my interview they said acceptance is via UPS. Everything else is USPS.

Did you get the email because you have a UPS account or something like that? Or did Penn request tracking info be emailed to recipients?

Hey,

Congrats! At my interview they said acceptance is via UPS. Everything else is USPS.

Did you get the email because you have a UPS account or something like that? Or did Penn request tracking info be emailed to recipients?

I hope you're right. I signed up for UPS My Choice a while ago, so that I could track packages and control delivery options without the little note on my front door. So now whenever someone sends me a package via UPS, UPS sends me email alert with tracking and sender info as soon as it hits their system. It's free, it's awesome, and no, I don't have any financial stake in UPS.

Also, I interviewed the week ending 3/1, in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks for the info guys. Scoot3r I'm sorry if you've answered this before, but when did you interview?

Thanks for the info guys. Scoot3r I'm sorry if you've answered this before, but when did you interview?

January 17th. I've decided to go to my in-province school now since the deposit was due at the end of the week. I've already notified UPenn.

Thanks for the help though!

I also got put on the alternate list recently. I called the admissions office today to ask if I can get a little bit of info on the alternate list (like how long the list generally is) but they couldn't tell me very much and told me they'd notify me if changes occur. :eek: But I'm guessing we would see some movement in April.

Last edited: