waitlisted, but accepted for next cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dkswogks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am waitlisted at Tufts this year. I just received their letter saying "Students remaining on the wait list after August 15, 2008 may be considered for deferred admission to the Class of 2013. This is a highly competitive process and not all candidates will be offered this admission"

What are the chances to be deferred to the Class of 2013? what percents of waitlisted people can be deferred? If people on the waitlist still remain on the waitlist to the Class of 2012 and still want to go to Tufts for next year, do they usually reapply through AADSAS again or just remain on the waitlist without reapplying? Because I am planning to reapply in May but I do not know if I have to send another AADSAS application to Tufts since i am still waitlisted. What about other schools? Do other schools also do this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

They only defer a limited number of people. Did you receive the statistics document? It has all the info regarding number interviewed, wait listed, accepted off wait list etc.

Good luck! I'm also on the wait list for Tufts.:)

They only defer a limited number of people. Did you receive the statistics document? It has all the info regarding number interviewed, wait listed, accepted off wait list etc.

Good luck! I'm also on the wait list for Tufts.:)

Yes, I received the stats. I recently received their big envelope and I was like "holy moly, am i accepted?" And then I opened the envelope and it was about their finanacial aid information and the letter begins with "If you are accpeted, blah blah blah." I was really disappointed.

Anyway, does anyone know if i want to reapply to Tufts, is it required to send my AADSAS application again even if I remain on the waitlist until August?

Yes, I received the stats. I recently received their big envelope and I was like "holy moly, am i accepted?" And then I opened the envelope and it was about their finanacial aid information and the letter begins with "If you are accpeted, blah blah blah." I was really disappointed.

Anyway, does anyone know if i want to reapply to Tufts, is it required to send my AADSAS application again even if I remain on the waitlist until August?

yeah, you have to submit aadsas to every school....again....if you reapply.

i know. sucks. even if youre waitlisted....