Waitlisted-Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stunna

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter in the mail saying that I was put on their alternate list :( . The letter also says that they do not rank their alternates. I called the admissions office and the lady really had no clue as to how admissions picks alternates. Has anyone else faced this situation before? What are my chances? What can i do to get to the top of the list? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

stunna said:
I just received a letter in the mail saying that I was put on their alternate list :( . The letter also says that they do not rank their alternates. I called the admissions office and the lady really had no clue as to how admissions picks alternates. Has anyone else faced this situation before? What are my chances? What can i do to get to the top of the list? Thanks

Did you attend a Mandatory Campus Visit? Wendy said that if you are placed on the alternate list, you need to start compiling information that will plead your case why you are the best candidate. You should send them any additional information that shows what you have done to strengthen your application.

Chris

Hey thanks alot, I guess im going to have to hunt down the pharmacist i worked with and tell her to send a letter or rec. I guess persistence would be the key here and possibly send letters every so often and emails? I did attend the mcv on april 17th. thanks

stunna said:
Hey thanks alot, I guess im going to have to hunt down the pharmacist i worked with and tell her to send a letter or rec. I guess persistence would be the key here and possibly send letters every so often and emails? I did attend the mcv on april 17th. thanks

The class is most likely full at this point. April is really late to have a MCV. They pull people off the waitlist up until school starts. I know a guy who got in a week before orientation started in September. They will continue to contact you throughout the summer and see if you are still interested in attending...that is how they narrow down the list.