Waitlisted question?

Started by dpt_hb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dpt_hb

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Today I got a letter stating I have been put on the alternate list. It states "However, you are one of 8 applicants who is in the middle third of our Alternate List." I was wondering if anyone could clarify to me what middle third is and is it even any good or am I getting my hopes up?
 
I'm just rationalizing this, but it sounds like there are 24 applicants on the list. If you're in the middle third, your ranking on that list is anywhere from 9-16. However, I'd definitely keep my hopes up. I got put on the alternate list today for my top choice. We don't even know how many are on the list or where we stand on it.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Last edited:
I'm just rationalizing this, but it sounds like there are 24 applicants on the list. If you're in the middle third, your ranking on that list is anywhere from 9-16. However, I'd definitely keep my hopes up. I got put on the alternate list today for my top choice. We don't even know how many are on the list or where we stand on it.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you for the answer! Man 9-16 seems like a lot of people before myself on that list