Waitlisted: Sending Letters (yay or nay)

Started by taylorba
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

taylorba

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, everyone! I was curious if anyone has ever sent a letter of continued interest? I know that this is a thing with some PhD and Med programs but wasnt sure about Veterinary schools. Would this be frowned upon and make me look worse? Would this be favorable? Some schools do not release rankings on their waitlist so I wasnt sure if there was any flexibility there. Thank you in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for making this thread! I’ve heard many different things about sending letters. I think I am going to do so especially because the school I wanna go to has an unranked waiting list and they reevaluate students when a seat becomes available! There is no harm at least updating them, I have done a lot of significant things sense submitting my application.
 
Thank you for making this thread! I’ve heard many different things about sending letters. I think I am going to do so especially because the school I wanna go to has an unranked waiting list and they reevaluate students when a seat becomes available! There is no harm at least updating them, I have done a lot of significant things sense submitting my application.
Be sure the website for the schools you plan to contact do not explicitly state they do not accept updates