Waitlisted Sr Year Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praetor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this before?

For example, you are a senior in college applying this year. You get grades back from first quarter or semester. How do you submit them to the school? Do they have to get AMCAS verified? If you are waitlisted at a school, what is the protocol for sending them new grades?

Members don't see this ad.

Give the admissions office a call and ask if they accept updated transcripts and what address you should send your transcript to. You can go to your resgistrar's office and tell them that you would like to send an official transcript to XXXX address. The registrar's office will send an officially sealed copy of your transcript to whatever address you give them. It may cost a small fee and take a few days for them to process your request.

Has anyone ever done this before?

For example, you are a senior in college applying this year. You get grades back from first quarter or semester. How do you submit them to the school? Do they have to get AMCAS verified? If you are waitlisted at a school, what is the protocol for sending them new grades?

Most of the time, schools will request a final transcript when you are accepted. If you are on a waitlist, it is highly unlikely that your grades from one semester/quarter are going to get you off the waitlist. In general, when we have made a decision to place you on a waitlist, you will get off that waitlist when and if a seat opens for you. In short, you are not in competition with others on that waitlist or with others who are still in the application-review pipeline process.

In short, we don't review any unsolicited correspondence from an applicant which is the same policy that many schools have adapted. This policy however, is not the same for all schools. As others have suggested, you can send an e-mail to the schools that you have been waitlisted and see if they have the same policy. If your grades are good, it can't hurt but if you are planning to take coursework second semester, and you end up accepted,you are going to have to pay for another official transcript when that coursework is completed.

Doesn't it kind of depend on the school? I was explicitly told by the assistant dean of admissions that interviewed me that I was "most likely" going to get waitlisted (I was) and that if I was waitlisted, they'd probably want to see my semester's grades before making a final decision. That made me freak out considering I had one of my worst semesters since freshman year, primarily because I was gone for half the semester interviewing at places!