Waitlisted- When to reapply for fall 08?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nabs86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this isn't a question that was addressed anywhere else, but I couldn't find it so here goes...

I'm on two waitlists, one DO post-interview decision pending, no acceptances. The new AMCAS is coming out very soon. Should I reapply right now so I can get it in early or should I wait until August when I know for sure I'm not getting in anywhere? I don't want to waste the money, but I also don't want to be rejected for having a late application. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be reapplying right away, June 1 for AMCAS and the earliest date for AACOMAS.

I hope this isn't a question that was addressed anywhere else, but I couldn't find it so here goes...

I'm on two waitlists, one DO post-interview decision pending, no acceptances. The new AMCAS is coming out very soon. Should I reapply right now so I can get it in early or should I wait until August when I know for sure I'm not getting in anywhere? I don't want to waste the money, but I also don't want to be rejected for having a late application. Any thoughts?

Here's some advice I read last year around this time:
Apply mid-late June to ONE school. This should buy you a couple weeks to when you are verified (probably around mid-July). Around then, if you still have no acceptances, I'd apply to the rest of the list. This should save you some cash if you get accepted before you're verified. GOOD LUCK.

Here's some advice I read last year around this time:
Apply mid-late June to ONE school. This should buy you a couple weeks to when you are verified (probably around mid-July). Around then, if you still have no acceptances, I'd apply to the rest of the list. This should save you some cash if you get accepted before you're verified. GOOD LUCK.

I never would have thought of that on my own. Thanks!