Waitlisted?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CristaGalli

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any prior or current applicant have insight into if this is just a fad? Any success stories from people on waitlists? Or is it pretty much a rejection? I'm thinking the latter

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted at a program and got an invite about 1 week later. But I am pretty sure this is rare as I have numerous other places waitlisted me and eventually rejected me.

Any prior or current applicant have insight into if this is just a fad? Any success stories from people on waitlists? Or is it pretty much a rejection? I'm thinking the latter

At our program it's real. It's a way to fill in interview slots when/if people cancel. And we have matched people who we interviewed off the wait list. Applicant selection is not an exact science. Committees are looking at hundreds of applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
At our program it's real. It's a way to fill in interview slots when/if people cancel. And we have matched people who we interviewed off the wait list. Applicant selection is not an exact science. Committees are looking at hundreds of applications.

This is FACT at some programs (although I'm sure other programs value it differently so you have no way of knowing). I will say that I know someone who was waitlisted, sent an email around the middle of December stating their continued interest and they got an interview and ending up matching at the program! Once you have an interview, ALL bets are off and you are on an equal playing field, so make sure you come to play! Have faith my friend...