waitlisted.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharmD81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just waitlisted by one of my top choices, I wanted to know what are the chances that I actually get accepted to the school?
How many of you have been waitlisted and actually got accepted?
Also do pharmacy schools just put you on a waitlist as a nice way of being rejected or do I have a chance of later being invited for an interview?
All feedback is appritiated :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was wait-listed by my top choice a few years back (I'm a p4 now) but I was persistent and emailed the dean to see if we could sit down and talk about why I wanted to become a pharmacist. We actually didn't end up talking because he just emailed me back soon after and told me that I was accepted.

So I can't tell you what you should say during that conversation (lol) but I think it's a good idea to be persistent and get your face out to them a bit more. It lets them know you that are really serious and willing to put in the extra effort and work. It also separates you from the other wait-list candidates a bit more.

That's a great story! Was this school in California?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing's impossible, & I think it also depends on the school and how competitive it is. I also think the chances of being admitted are higher if you've been wait-listed after the interview but schools are odd sometimes and end up giving out more interviews toward the end. I would also maybe email admissions and try to see where your app went wrong just to show that you're still interested.

I was wait-listed by my top choice a few years back (I'm a p4 now) but I was persistent and emailed the dean to see if we could sit down and talk about why I wanted to become a pharmacist. We actually didn't end up talking because he just emailed me back soon after and told me that I was accepted.

So I can't tell you what you should say during that conversation (lol) but I think it's a good idea to be persistent and get your face out to them a bit more. It lets them know you that are really serious and willing to put in the extra effort and work. It also separates you from the other wait-list candidates a bit more.
Wow, looks like a single email can have a huge impact on whether you get accepted or not from a waitlist standpoint. Probably because of the persistence to email him right away, he thought that this is really what you wanted to pursue. I applaud you on that. :D

I had a friend that will graduate this coming May with a bachelors in nursing.

And this is two years after he was waitlisted at Howard for the pharmacy program. He got an admission offer this past fall for Fall '11 entering class. Beat that!

But I sure hope that doesn't apply to anyone here. Maybe email or call them...persistently? Goodluck:thumbup:

I was just waitlisted by one of my top choices, I wanted to know what are the chances that I actually get accepted to the school?
Also do pharmacy schools just put you on a waitlist as a nice way of being rejected or do I have a chance of later being invited for an interview?

You can't be waitlisted BEFORE you have an interview. waitlisted means they want you but they don't have room. maybe you mean your application was put on hold? in that case, it depends on the school. like maybe they are waiting to see what your fall grades or like or jan pcat to decide if they want to offer you an interview

Last edited:

Have you been accepted anywhere else?

Yea according to the letter I recieved, I was waitlisted. I will contact them asking how i should make my application stronger and i retook my pcats so maybe that should increase my app. Thanks I wont give up :)