Waitlisted.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedoc89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently waitlisted at 3 schools. I am currently thinking about the worst case scenario which is my name does not get pulled this year so then I would have to reapply. Currently, I am finishing up my last semester of undergrad. I decided to take genetics as it was required by MSUCOM and no other school, but I was declined from MSUCOM. However, it seems that I will be ending up with a C+ in genetics I took it easy this semester thinking that I was for sure going to be accepted somewhere so I put in the bare minimum for my classes (yeah i know bad idea). Well I have a 3.9 science GPA and I don't want it to drop plus it will look bad since it is a high level biology class. I have the chance of dropping it and either getting a withdraw passing (WP) or incomplete (I) not sure which one yet. What do you guys think I should do get the C+ or drop it?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently waitlisted at 3 schools. I am currently thinking about the worst case scenario which is my name does not get pulled this year so then I would have to reapply. Currently, I am finishing up my last semester of undergrad. I decided to take genetics as it was required by MSUCOM and no other school, but I was declined from MSUCOM. However, it seems that I will be ending up with a C+ in genetics I took it easy this semester thinking that I was for sure going to be accepted somewhere so I put in the bare minimum for my classes (yeah i know bad idea). Well I have a 3.9 science GPA and I don't want it to drop plus it will look bad since it is a high level biology class. I have the chance of dropping it and either getting a withdraw passing (WP) or incomplete (I) not sure which one yet. What do you guys think I should do get the C+ or drop it?

drop

Definitely drop. I like how your school has "WP" instead of just "W."

What's your MCAT? How about cum GPA? Any red flags on your app?