Waitlists! Arg!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was on 4 waitlists for a awhile and I just got my first acceptance last week the day after I nagged them about my status. So try to nag them.

Members don't see this ad.

Steady contact got me off the waitlist at my dream school. Or maybe I was going to be taken off anyways (I doubt it :laugh:).

Schools that let you send in additional information are the best. I won't mention the others by name, but get with it already. How are you going to ignore everything that an applicant accomplishes after the secondary is turned in?

I've even gone as far as sending a letter of intent to one of my waitlists, and it hasn't gotten me anywhere. Waitlists :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to bump this thread to say that I am now on 6 waitlists. Bummer. At this point, I feel as if I wasted thousands of dollars and tons of time traveling to schools just to hear them say that they don't want me :(

And I don't think I'm that bad of an interviewer, either, but judging from how this interview season went, what do I know?

I have my fingers crossed for you, good luck!!!

Just wanted to bump this thread to say that I am now on 6 waitlists. Bummer. At this point, I feel as if I wasted thousands of dollars and tons of time traveling to schools just to hear them say that they don't want me :(

And I don't think I'm that bad of an interviewer, either, but judging from how this interview season went, what do I know?

some school give you feedback as to why you were not accepted right? hopefully one of those 6 do...if not i dont know, i guess just mock interviews and hopefully someone can give you some good feedback on how to improve? :(

I've even gone as far as sending a letter of intent to one of my waitlists, and it hasn't gotten me anywhere. Waitlists :thumbdown:

I'm in the same boat, although my waitlists have dwindled down to 4, and one outstanding interview, which is looking more and more like a waitlist. I felt like I did extremely well during interviews, I was prepared, poised, focused, made eye contact, listened, you name it. I just don't know what happened, 10 interviews and no love. I'm just praying at this point, and sending in letters to each school as well. I know people say it's dishonest, but if I were to get into any of these schools, I would withdraw from the rest because I loved them all and would finally be able to look for housing. Do what you gotta do, and good luck.