waitlists, transparency, schools' knowledge, sexy

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Status (Visible)
So, I'm waitlisted at a grip of schools. It happens, I can't complain. I can, but I won't. At least not now.
I'm also like taller than about half of the people I meet.
I know that after May 15th schools know where you're holding an acceptance. Do they also know what waitlists you're staying on? I don't know what the significance of this is but I'm asking about it so I guess I think there's something significant to it.
That's all, ok thanks bye!

lisichka

certified demonologist
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
So, I'm waitlisted at a grip of schools. It happens, I can't complain. I can, but I won't. At least not now.
I'm also like taller than about half of the people I meet.
I know that after May 15th schools know where you're holding an acceptance. Do they also know what waitlists you're staying on? I don't know what the significance of this is but I'm asking about it so I guess I think there's something significant to it.
That's all, ok thanks bye!

oh you are tall, really? then no, they won't know.

bodonid

Dr. Spaceman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This is the awesomest thread I have ever seen!

About the Ads

DoctorDreamer

In a far away land...
10+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2007
Never-Never-Land
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
LOL, I am in love with this thread. I, too, am tall, and I'm pretty sure all the chools are working together to sabotage my waitlists because of my sheer height.

Bananas Foster

Eats Whole Pies
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
being a smidge over 6'1" i am 80 percent of the time the tallest guy in the room (especially in Oklahoma, people seem to be shorter there) so every 5th time I'm meeting with people and i meet someone taller than me, it bothers me... just a little bit.

I remember in one of my interview groups there was one person who was taller than me and I just like, damnit, i was so close to being the tallest.

SketchLazy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
JD from Scrubs is the world's most giant doctor and he got into med school....though I do wonder where at times!

He became a resident at a decommissioned hospital in Hollywood. Where do you think he went to medical school? Stewart University.

squirrelking

10+ Year Member
May 17, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
nahhhh, I get the feeling this is just a booze influenced thread. I think a bit like this myself sometimes...

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Status (Visible)
gah, you all suck.
i'm average height. i thought that was pretty clear from my original post. i think you are all poo-poo heads.
i had a question, i guess i have to be boring and staid if i want anyone to answer it: if i stay on like 6 waitlists past may 15th, will each of those 6 schools know exactly which schools I am still courting?
it's a delicate dance.

edfig99

15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Academic Administration
gah, you all suck.
i'm average height. i thought that was pretty clear from my original post. i think you are all poo-poo heads.
i had a question, i guess i have to be boring and staid if i want anyone to answer it: if i stay on like 6 waitlists past may 15th, will each of those 6 schools know exactly which schools I am still courting?
it's a delicate dance.

right now all the schools where you are accepted can see where else you are accepted.
after may 15th they can see where you are holding more than one acceptance (which is a no-no)

they don't see waitlists.

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
right now all the schools where you are accepted can see where else you are accepted.
after may 15th they can see where you are holding more than one acceptance (which is a no-no)

they don't see waitlists.

I was going to say that I did see somewhere on the AAMC website that sometime in March all the schools that accepted can see what other schools accepted the applicant as well. Well, I guess that means I have no leverage since I didn't get accepted anywhere at this point. :(

But I'm still having hope and wishing myself good luck!!!:luck:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.