Waiver of letter of recommendation for PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clb019

Reaction score
I submitted my PTCAS application and downloaded the program applications sent to each school. It turns out I accidentally did not waive my right to view one of the recommendations sent by a physical therapist. I was thorough with everything and went over every part of my application several times to make sure it was exactly what I wanted so I do not know how this slipped by me. I have a total of four (as many as PTCAS will allow) and three are from physical therapists. My relationship with every therapist I work with is extremely strong. I know each one wrote an overwhelmingly positive recommendation and therefor have no need to view any of them. Conducting my own research, some say this can be detrimental and others say it is not that big of a deal. Will admissions committees look on this letter less favorably and to what degree will this impact my letters of recommendation? I could email the schools and let them know; however, I do not want to draw the attention to a mistake I made.
My GPA is 3.3 according to PTCAS, and I received a 153 on both sections of the GRE as well as a 4 on the writing. I have a lot of experience, and the resource that critiqued my essay said I did an excellent job. I feel like I will be on the fence for most schools so was counting on the letters to give me another edge. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Has your application been verified yet by PTCAS? I would try emailing them to waive your right.

Reactions: 1 user