Waiver on LOR

Started by chinolal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chinolal

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I sent out my first letter of recommendation to a professor, I did not waive it. This is because I thought it was a good idea for me see what my good and bad points are. I thought it would be a good opportunity for self-improvement. However, I recently found out that it would have been better if I had waived that letter. I was unaware that pharmacy schools would think it was more of a honest letter if I had waived it. Since, I have not sent out my remaining three letters, would it be a good idea to waive the next three? I am reluctant to waive them because of how I did not waive my first letter. I am afraid that pharmacy schools would look at my inconsistency and suspect me of hiding something.
 
I would waive the rest and prepare an answer for why you decided to not waive it. In open file interviews, I am sure they will bring it up.