Wake Forest Master of Biomedical Science info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed_bulldog

premed_bulldog
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have information about Wake Forest's premed post bacc program (Master of Biomedical Science)? Such as medical school acceptance rate after completion. As of right now I believe a program along these line would be my best bet for getting into medical school due to a GPA on the low end (3.3) due to a couple of bad semesters when I was in electrical engineering before changing to biology and planning to go to medical school. I am a junior so I have a couple semesters to get my GPA up. If I apply before a post bacc program it will be after I graduate and have a gap year before medical. Does anyone have experiences or thought about these types of programs? Or have any advice on other options about what to do about my GPA and the limited about of time I have left to get it up. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Ace all your upcoming classes and do really well on the MCAT and you should be in good standing grade-wise. Make sure the rest of your app is above par too.

Anyone apply for the WFU Biomedical Science Post-Bacc this cycle?

Applied in early January and have an interview in February. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone apply for the WFU Biomedical Science Post-Bacc this cycle?

Applied in early January and have an interview in February. Anyone else?

I also applied in January but I haven't heard anything yet. How fast after your submission did you hear back from them? Thanks.

I heard back 10 days after the application deadline.

Thank you for answering my question. Do you mind sharing your stats? I applied on January 7th and still haven't heard from them. I have 3.9 cGPA and 501 MCAT. I also have pretty good LOR and experience.