Wake Forest Master of Biomedical Science Program (2018-2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miarose93

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends! Just wanted to start this thread since I hadn't seen any for the class that would be matriculating this year. Feel free to post whatever you think is relevant about the process, including the interviews, response times from admissions, information about the program, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi friends! Just wanted to start this thread since I hadn't seen any for the class that would be matriculating this year. Feel free to post whatever you think is relevant about the process, including the interviews, response times from admissions, information about the program, etc.

I have applied but have been put on the waitlist. I was told to repeat the MCAT or take the GRE. I am hoping I will make the next round.

I was waitlisted as well. Anyone with an acceptance willing to share their stats?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted as well. Anyone with an acceptance willing to share their stats?
Are you willing to share why you were waitlisted? I spoke with the director and he was very nice. He let me know I was waitlisted before I got my email but shared with me over the phone why.

I'll be interviewing on the 5th! Prepping like crazy because I'm so nervous

I just found out that I will be interviewing as well! My stats are cGPA: 3.09, sGPA: 2.8, MCAT: 509, and graduate GPA (MPH): 3.62. Congrats to corbse on getting an interview! And to everyone who was waitlisted, have you all tried applying to other programs? I'm wishing you all the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I just found out that I will be interviewing as well! My stats are cGPA: 3.09, sGPA: 2.8, MCAT: 509, and graduate GPA (MPH): 3.62. Congrats to corbse on getting an interview! And to everyone who was waitlisted, have you all tried applying to other programs? I'm wishing you all the best of luck!
They said we'd hear back around Monday, right? I'm going crazy checking my email! How many other programs have you applied to? I'm starting a couple of applications now to keep myself distracted

They said we'd hear back around Monday, right? I'm going crazy checking my email! How many other programs have you applied to? I'm starting a couple of applications now to keep myself distracted
The emails were sent out on Monday. Students have until mid April to make a decision. There are many programs with summer deadlines and Wake has additional terms (I believe).

The emails were sent out on Monday. Students have until mid April to make a decision. There are many programs with summer deadlines and Wake has additional terms (I believe).
I see. I was having some difficulty receiving emails from them regarding the interview so I have yet to hear back. I left a message so fingers crossed for that phone call Monday!

Has anyone who was accepted made a decision on this program yet?

Trying to decide what to do with several other apps out (to programs with direct links to med school) that won't be reviewing until end of April

I accepted the offer of admission. I really was not expecting to fall in love with the campus as much as I did during the interview day, and Duke rejected me the same week, so it was no question, for me at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
I accepted the offer of admission. I really was not expecting to fall in love with the campus as much as I did during the interview day, and Duke rejected me the same week, so it was no question, for me at least.
That’s awesome!! I emailed today to accept my spot too. Have you heard back yet with any more details? I know the summer session starts super soon

I applied to 2 other programs. I really need to try the GRE per director request but don’t know if that will help with this cycle. I am hoping they will contact people on the waitlist eventually. I called and emailed to check my status.

That’s awesome!! I emailed today to accept my spot too. Have you heard back yet with any more details? I know the summer session starts super soon
Not yet, I've exchanged some emails with the admissions faculty, but I'm pretty sure they'll send all the details out after the April 15th deadline.

So I’m officially no longer on a waitlist since I’m not accepted but was highly advised to apply to the other tracks they have under the Biomedical Science Program. The other programs start in the Fall so I will definitely be applying! Good luck to everyone accepted to the Summer program. Knock their socks off and finally get to the ultimate goal of becoming a physician or Dentist. To everyone else, don’t give up! There is always more than one way to achieve what your purpose in life is. ☺️

Got accepted to the Columbia IHN program and this one. Does anyone have more insight on both/either programs that might help with decision making?

Has anyone been accepted and worried about hearing back from other schools after the deadline to accept your spot?

Has anyone been accepted and worried about hearing back from other schools after the deadline to accept your spot?
Yes. I accepted my spot. I am still waiting to hear back from a few places though.

I got accepted to another track with the Biomedical Science. It’s called Health Disparities in Neuroscience-Related Disorders. They offer a scholarship with it since it grant funded. So excited! Anyone else doing another route with Wake Forest?

So I’m officially no longer on a waitlist since I’m not accepted but was highly advised to apply to the other tracks they have under the Biomedical Science Program. The other programs start in the Fall so I will definitely be applying! Good luck to everyone accepted to the Summer program. Knock their socks off and finally get to the ultimate goal of becoming a physician or Dentist. To everyone else, don’t give up! There is always more than one way to achieve what your purpose in life is. ☺️
If you don't mind me asking, why did they highly recommend you apply to one of their other biomedical science program? And where can I find their other tracks for biomedical science? Thanks! @FulFillingGodsPurpose

I am interviewing this Friday and this is my top choice program! Sorry to bump this but does anyone have any interview advice/recommendations? Thanks!!!

Hi, I don't mean to resurrect this. But I just stumbled upon this program through the limited posts on here. Does anyone have any insights about this program at this point? I'm sure a bunch of you on here are current students since this was from last year. :)

I actually emailed the program director because I only just found out about it and I'm super interested.

Hey guys so I was wondering for those of you who went thru this- is there any linkage or anything? Is it 1 or 2 years? Pros vs Cons?