Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr1day

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who, like me, have been stalking your mailman, I spoke with Ms. Dockery today and she told me the committee is meeting tomorrow to make final decisions and they hope to get letters mailed by Friday. Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you so much for calling. It is nice to know that we should know pretty soon. Good luck!!!

Since they have already decided on who gets in, I wish they would just call us. The suspense is killing me :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know. I don't know how I'm going to make it for the next two days. Luckily, I live in town, so if they mail the letters Friday, I should get it on Saturday.

the suspense is killing me too!! i hope we all hear good news!! :thumbup:

Hopefully some of us will hear some news. I am crossing my fingers but, I know that since I am in Seattle I will be the last to know :(

I just called again today and they won't be mailing letters until Wednesday. I think they're deriving some sort of pleasure out of torturing me. UGH!

Are you serious? Why won't they just let us know. I am guessing they won't tell you over the phone if you got in right?

No, they won't tell you. Believe me, I asked. I don't know what the hold up is. I know graduation was today, but how long could it take to stuff 24 envelopes?

dr1day said:
No, they won't tell you. Believe me, I asked. I don't know what the hold up is. I know graduation was today, but how long could it take to stuff 24 envelopes?

Oh my gosh!! I was so ready to receive news today or tomorrow! Now I won't know until Sat, possibly next week!! Ahh! :(

Yep. I called today too, she said they should be there monday ish. My lease is up on the 31st, and I would like to know where I am moving!!!

I didn't realize that I would be this nervous to find out, but this past week has been crazy. I pray that we all get good news :luck: :luck: :luck: . Is any one also waiting to hear from med schools? I was suprised that a number of people already applied to med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's Monday! Has anyone heard yet? I am hoping I will get some news today. Good luck to everyone.

I just called and she said they're going out today, so I should know by tomorrow or no later than Wednesday.

are you serious?? they haven't even gone out yet? how can they do this to us...i am so sad they really should start calling us. :mad:

I know my blood pressure has been sky high since Thursday because when I called last Monday, she said they would go out on Wednesday. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and today I was sitting at my box when my mail lady came. Poor thing, I think I'm starting to scare her :) The anticipation is killing me!

I'm In!!!! Good Luck to everyone :luck: :luck: :luck:

Congratulations, but now I'm worried. How did you get a letter before me? Did they say they were only sending letters to accepted people?

dr1day said:
Congratulations, but now I'm worried. How did you get a letter before me? Did they say they were only sending letters to accepted people?

I was called by Nicole Henry. I haven't received my letter yet. Good luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

SexyLexie729 said:
I was called by Nicole Henry. I haven't received my letter yet. Good luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

I'm in!! God answered my prayers! Good luck for everyone else!!!

yeah, so are they sending everyone an answer, yes or no? or just yes...

froggiepremed said:
yeah, so are they sending everyone an answer, yes or no? or just yes...

When I called two weeks ago, I was told that everyone will be getting a letter.

So, I got waitlisted...if those who get in have other options, what can I do to persuade you? :laugh:

froggiepremed said:
So, I got waitlisted...if those who get in have other options, what can I do to persuade you? :laugh:

I know that there were people who interviewed that were also applying to med school and were awaiting decisions. I think that there will be waitlist movement :) .Good luck and I hope that you will be joining us in August. Take care.

Sent in my app today for 07-08. Any other out there applying this year?

I will be applying.

What is the name of this program? Anyone got a link?

NVM found it!

Just google Wake Forest post-bacc and the link should come up...I think the deadline has passed for this year's cycle----it was March 1st or something like that

Just google Wake Forest post-bacc and the link should come up...I think the deadline has passed for this year's cycle----it was March 1st or something like that

Thanks, yeah I just looked it up. The deadline did pass and I don't think I would have qualified regardless.

Anyone know when we should be expecting to hear from them?

I'm in the program right now and I know they're reviewing apps now. We interviewed at the end of April last year.

Hey guys..

I just got an interview invite 2 days ago.. so I guess they are notifying people already about the interview.. It on April 23.. Good luck to those applying!:)

That is great latinadr...Congrats!!!!!:)

Wohooo!
I got an email two days ago for an interview and I'm pretty excited for it. I've had some medical school interviews to, but the program sounds amazing.

thanks CUlater.. and NYU2004 I look forward to seeing you at the interview!

You to Latina Dr.
Where else have you guys interviewed?

Last edited:
Hey Culater don't give up, I know they are still sending out interview requests for Wake's post-bac. I interviewed at Albert Einstein and UCLA Drew and have my MMC interview on April 2nd, but who knows what will happen with those.
Good luck everyone!!

thanks nyu for the encouragement...I am just thankful that I do have somewhere to go at this point....though it would be nice to have options to choose from

again congrats on the wake interview and good luck :)

Peace

I received a letter saying that my application was on hold. They said that I will be notified if anyone decides not to interview between now and April 22, 2007.

I know at least two people that aren't interviewing because they got into medical school. Good luck!

I received a letter saying that my application was on hold. They said that I will be notified if anyone decides not to interview between now and April 22, 2007.

Same story here CUlater...hopefully we get that call in replacement of those 2people mentioned above.

Hey everyone
So Who's coming to interview this April?
I plan on coming for sure but it I get in somewhere (fingers crossed) I will decline my spot for someone else.
Good luck everyone

Hey there!

Im coming on the 23 to interview. I think Im driving down from the Pittsburgh area.. But If I get in somewhere before then I too will be declining my interview spot. Im waitlisted at 3 schools and waiting to hear back from 2 more.. but good luck to the rest of you!

Hey everyone
So Who's coming to interview this April?
I plan on coming for sure but it I get in somewhere (fingers crossed) I will decline my spot for someone else.
Good luck everyone

Anybody declining their interview due to medschools and such? I can definitely use that spot as I'm currently on "hold." But then again I think there are few of us in that situation. Goodluck to all!

Anybody declining their interview due to medschools and such? I can definitely use that spot as I'm currently on "hold." But then again I think there are few of us in that situation. Goodluck to all!

Hello All!

I just wanted to let you know that I called this morning and declined my invite for an interview. I have received two acceptances this week (one MD and one DO) Good Luck to all of you! It is definitely possible, especially if you do not have the numbers! I didnt do well on My MCAT at all.. I scored low.. but here I am with an acceptance! Really, I wish you all Good Luck! :)

I JUST GOT A CALL FROM Ms. DOCKERY TODAY AND WAS OFFERED ADMISSION INTO THE POST BAC PROGRAM. I Can't belive it, I am medical school bound (almost :) )
Good luck to all of you!