Wake Pre-Matriculation Summer Preparatory Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twinklz

Lover of Lagomorphs
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a letter about this. Does anyone know exactly what the point of doing it would be? It seems its primarily to get adjusted to PBL type of learning system or am I completely off base.

http://www.wfubmc.edu/school/MinorityAffairs/PMSPP.htm

And its not limited to minority students, despite the webaddress.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard of these types of programs but is it for only people who have already been accepted to the first year class? I have heard of these programs, and usually if you get into them and apply to that med school you will have a better chance of getting in. I think that's what these programs are. Otherwise not too sure. Also, the thing about the minority acceptances - they open a few slots for non-minorities but you have to have pretty awesome credentials to get in.

Sorry if there was some confusion. No, I've already been accepted, this "program" starts 2 weeks before "real" school. I'm just wondering why would you want to start 2 weeks early. Is there some really attractive aspect that I'm missing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by twinklz
Sorry if there was some confusion. No, I've already been accepted, this "program" starts 2 weeks before "real" school. I'm just wondering why would you want to start 2 weeks early. Is there some really attractive aspect that I'm missing?

I don't think I'm going to go... school starts early enough!

Does anyone know if Wake has a second look day. I have heard nothing from them since I sent my check in. I kinda just want them to write and say hi.

Wake does have a second look day but it is for minorities. I'm sure though you could arrange to go on that day if you wanted to see the school again. It's sometime near the end of April I believe.

are any of you guys thinking of withdrawing your spot from Wake Forest?