Wal-Mart metrics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anh80

Going through PharmD
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is this "daily score"? Patient expectations being met? You should run the order performance reports then.

Changing times still doesn't count against you but will show up in the % time modified.

one thing to note: only "in-store" orders will warn you with yellow highlight and turns red when not done on time. Any other setting will not turn red, but can still lower your % expectation met

For in-store % being low, you have to see which one is low, the regular in store % or the % in store including resolution? If an in-store prescription is stuck in resolution for a long time and you're not able to resolve it within 20 minutes, this will hurt your %. The only way to get around this is to change the time (if have to call prescriber) or put the rx on hold (if insurance issue).

That's why everybody in the pharmacy have to have resolution highlighted (which some techs are not properly trained to do)

Members don't see this ad :)
Another thing to look at when you run the order performance report is the % of orders that are set to in-store. If this % is low, 1-2 orders turning red would hurt you more than if this % is high (simple math: if you have 2 orders in store, 1 turning red would put you at 50%). Walmart expects >25% of the orders to be in store, so aim for that.

We never use critical or in store. We are so efficient that in store people get "today" and everyone else gets future.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you it23 and trailer park. I will keep an eye open
How busy is your store/how well are you staffed? In an average volume store of 1400-1600 scripts/week, you should easily be able to put almost 30-40% of total scripts done in-store, regardless of whether the patient is actually waiting in-store or not. The key is to train technicians to be efficient enough to type the scripts while the patient is still at the drop-off window. The benefits of doing this are: 1. Ensuring a paid claim, preventing delays in case there's an insurance or other third-party issue, 2. Ensuring that the drug is in stock (since Connexus will flag it during input if it is not), 3. Speed up the entire process - the prescription(s) are in 4-point before the patient even walks away - ensuring that the script should be done within 10 minutes.

The above is the key to success. Just don't have the techs spam F4 a million times when they could be easily typing 2-3 other e-scripts in the adjudication window. Most basic e-scripts take like 5-10 seconds to type and double check.

I really do hate that malcontent techs will open door you for calling them out on being turtles though since Walmart pharmacy's philosophy is "safety first" and you can't write people up for being slow or "unproductive" per se (at least in my market)

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know what a tech could do to make this metric fail other than wait to solve in store orders that are in resolution, or just be too slow.

You'll also be able to see which technicians are changing the priority of prescriptions in the order performance report, in case there's anything fishy going on with that.