Walgreen Intern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katePharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also, I will be taking my exam Aug 22nd, and i have no idea what the exam is, really. I have a book with me, so do I just study the material in it? Im OK with math.... Do I need to know the top 200 drugs? @@

Also, I will be taking my exam Aug 22nd, and i have no idea what the exam is, really. I have a book with me, so do I just study the material in it? Im OK with math.... Do I need to know the top 200 drugs? @@
If you are a pharmacy school student, you don't need a technician license. apply for a pharmacy intern license in your state and then apply for a intern position at www.walgreens.com
If you didn't get in yet, you cannot apply for a job as a student intern. take PTCB and then apply as a technician.
hope this helped :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are a pharmacy school student, you don't need a technician license. apply for a pharmacy intern license in your state and then apply for a intern position at www.walgreens.com
If you didn't get in yet, you cannot apply for a job as a student intern. take PTCB and then apply as a technician.
hope this helped :)

Hehe i was trying to edit that, im not pharm student, i clicked the wrong opton when regitered ouch !

Hmm Ok I mean the internship for PrePharmacy Degree? Because I asked my advisor and he let me do Internship for whatever program im pursuing, and i'll pass the COOP course or something...

Idk im kinda confused. Anyway, I can always apply as a regular pharm tech right? So is it bad if i wnna quit a year later? :-s Or maybe I can extend it idk yet -.-

I work for Walgreens and there is no current program like that in the company. There was such an internship years ago but in the past few years the company has pretty much eliminated their summer internship program but still hires pharmacy interns. Unfortunately with the loss of both ESI and Medco insurance programs there will likely be loss of hours.

Your best bet is to become a pharmacy technician and work in a pharmacy. If you are unable to work due to VISA issues then perhaps volunteering in a large hospital may be an option as well.

I work for Walgreens and there is no current program like that in the company. There was such an internship years ago but in the past few years the company has pretty much eliminated their summer internship program but still hires pharmacy interns. Unfortunately with the loss of both ESI and Medco insurance programs there will likely be loss of hours.

Your best bet is to become a pharmacy technician and work in a pharmacy. If you are unable to work due to VISA issues then perhaps volunteering in a large hospital may be an option as well.

Thank you :). I just called a local walgreens this afternoon and will schedule some dates with the pharmacist next week to shadow. How long do you suggest I would do shadowing? I was thinking 50hrs? Is this too many hours or if thats OK? I know it also depends on how quick I can pick up... I was just wondering how long one usually shadows

Unfortunately with the loss of both ESI and Medco insurance programs there will likely be loss of hours.
QUOTE]

I am willing to bet $50 that we're not losing 50%+ of our patients in january. They'll renegotiate, they have to. It's going to be caremark all over again.

Unfortunately with the loss of both ESI and Medco insurance programs there will likely be loss of hours.
QUOTE]

I am willing to bet $50 that we're not losing 50%+ of our patients in january. They'll renegotiate, they have to. It's going to be caremark all over again.

I'm hoping that will happen. But Walgreens has also chosen to not honor Medicaid (Medi-Cal) patients in Ventura County, CA due to low reimbursements and not because of any contract negotiations.

Thank you :). I just called a local walgreens this afternoon and will schedule some dates with the pharmacist next week to shadow. How long do you suggest I would do shadowing? I was thinking 50hrs? Is this too many hours or if thats OK? I know it also depends on how quick I can pick up... I was just wondering how long one usually shadows

The longer duration you can shadow a pharmacist the better it will look on a resume since it shows you enjoy the profession. The pharmacist you shadow can also provide a letter of recommendation.

The longer duration you can shadow a pharmacist the better it will look on a resume since it shows you enjoy the profession. The pharmacist you shadow can also provide a letter of recommendation.

Thank you :) im starting next Wednesday, im excited !!
:cool: