Walgreens F4s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Busycat6

Reaction score
Does anyone working at Walgreens have advice on being able to get through the F4 que faster? I’m ok at my store but am hoping to float soon and when I work at other stores I stay behind. I’ve seen pharmacists get it from 85 to 15 in like 20 minutes and I don’t know how.
thanks for any tips

Members don't see this ad.

I used to work for WAGS and easily can fly through 100 F4s in 20-30 minutes. It comes with experience and practice. Develop a pattern for each interactions and stick to it. If its z-pak and citalopram, please don't waste time. Just override it. If its Warfarin and Levothyroxine, just override! Basically know major interactions and take your time on those. I send them to MSC qeue a lot, then go back to them later while I'm checking the filled prescriptions.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, prioritize. Check for the right patient, right drug and right directions. Those will get you in hot water if incorrect. Please don't waste 5 minutes on date, number of refills or if you selected the correct prescriber office etc.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't worked for Walgreens but I agree with this guy^. That is rock solid advice. Understand that the vast majority of interactions are nonsense and be able to VERY quickly identify which ones actually need your time/attention. For me being able to get through DURs quickly is all about having a routine and knowing exactly how quickly I can hit the buttons while giving me just enough time to see what the interaction is before moving on to the next one.

Other than that checking is all about having a routine and being able to do it quickly while maintaining accuracy.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone working at Walgreens have advice on being able to get through the F4 que faster? I’m ok at my store but am hoping to float soon and when I work at other stores I stay behind. I’ve seen pharmacists get it from 85 to 15 in like 20 minutes and I don’t know how.
thanks for any tips

Don't fall into the trap of thinking speed is key. Try to go fast and make mistakes not only will you hurt people you may also be disciplined and or sued. You can also lose your job. Be efficient instead. Walgreens will keep cutting help, not giving you a raise yet you sacrifice personal ethics and professional responsibility. No one is ever fast enough today's "strong rph" is too slow tommorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't work for them that long, but I agree with the above responses that speed will come with time and experience! I was told that i was fast but tbh i think i was just efficient. You just need to be able to figure out what to let go, what to work on later (loved the MSC queue for this!) and what to contact the prescriber on.

Just came here to say that I once floated at a store that was staffed by a new grad the day before whom had not touched the F4 key all day. She apparently didn't know about it...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
unfortunately, you will make silly mistakes once in a while early in your career, and it will teach you what to be careful about. we've probably all let motrin 800 go for 600 same with gabapentin or protonix. but you do that a few times early on and you really won't do it ever again. i hate missing the "prn" too. ugh. i feel like i look at the strength twice over super quick. you just develop these little mental habits as you get experience.

Reactions: 1 user