Walgreens Intern Interview

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by RxBPharm, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Hello,

I am pharmacy graduate selected for an interview by the District Manager for a Graduate Pharmacy Intern position. I would appreciate if you could help me understand how the interview and recruitment process work in Walgreens. Is there anything specific that Walgreens looks for? How soon do they make decisions? etc.

Thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. So many views but no response. It is surprising that there is not a single person who got interviewed by Walgreeens. Guys please post your expiriences here. thanks

4. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    In this area, they just make you an offer if you have previously interned for them. I didn't have to interview.

5. I have not interned with them before nor with any other pharmacy before. Any other information would be useful.

6. letjin

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    My understanding is... if you sign with them as a graduate intern, you are pretty much setting up to work with them after your license.

Walgreens hire just about anyone. I wouldn't sweat too much about it.

7. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    You never worked in any pharmacy before? Did you have any rotations in a community setting?

They will ask you why you want to work retail. You need to know what that involves. There's a lot of frustration and stress. They will ask you how will you deal with a patient who comes in screaming, the patient who yells at your tech when they tell her 40 minutes wait, etc.

When you are hired as a graduate intern, you are being hired as a future pharmacist. They pay you almost 80k a year as an intern, but you only have 3 months to pass your boards.

8. You never worked in any pharmacy before? Did you have any rotations in a community setting?

Yes, I neither worked for a pharmacy nor did a rotation before. I will appreciate listing any other possible questions?