walgreens pharm tech scanned flu shot under wrong person

Started by reddress99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

reddress99

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was scanning in multiple flu shots and scanned one under the wrong name. The pharmacist said she can't fix it because it goes in the system. who dose it go to and what happens now?
 
As long as the right patient got the right needle in the arm then who cares about where the paperwork went. Maybe it faxed to another patients doctor but if that's not one of their patients I'm sure they would just shred it anyway.
 
I was scanning in multiple flu shots and scanned one under the wrong name. The pharmacist said she can't fix it because it goes in the system. who dose it go to and what happens now?
Scan "correct" VAR as a patient image. You can use the start scan/stop scan where you scan insurance cards
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was scanning in multiple flu shots and scanned one under the wrong name. The pharmacist said she can't fix it because it goes in the system. who dose it go to and what happens now?

Tell your pharmacist to man up and learn how the system works.
 
This is why you should scan the barcode on the VAR to avoid these issues.

Scan it in like a new script and then go to options, save image, save other image.

Or scan it in like an insurance card.

I don't think you can delete patient images. Maybe open a ticket to request to delete the wrong scanned image.