Walgreens Pharmacy Tech application help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnyies

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently applied online to Walgreens as a pharmtech. At the end of the application, it says I need to go into a Walgreens store and go finish a skills assessment.

Has anyone done this before? How do you do this. . . and what is on the skills assessment?

Members don't see this ad.

i dont know but ive applied like 10 times on that stupid website and nothing...maybe thats why they never call me lol. at all of the walgreens in my area...they dont even have pharm techs maybe 1, it seems like the pharmacist has to do it all.

you have to go to a walgreens near you and start the skills assessment or your application will most likely be ignored. Just talk to one of the assistant managers and they will direct you to a computer where you can do this. It takes about 15-20 to get done. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
how does that work though. . . how will they know I've already done the online application?

i guess that explains why ive never been called....I figured they would call me for an interview and have me do that part then.

Just go in and tell the manager you're ready to finish your application. They'll lead you to a private room with a computer where you can enter in your user name and password, social security, etc. The computer will then pull up the second part of your application.

It's a pretty basic skills assessment. They have the typical multiple choice questions dealing with customer service, they have a math section on how to make correct change, and then they have a brief typing section where you have to retype a prescription or something like that. I dunno, it's been awhile since I applied.

Anyways, if you're applying to get a tech job w/ no certification/license and/or experience, good luck :laugh:.

Just go in and tell the manager you're ready to finish your application. They'll lead you to a private room with a computer where you can enter in your user name and password, social security, etc. The computer will then pull up the second part of your application.

It's a pretty basic skills assessment. They have the typical multiple choice questions dealing with customer service, they have a math section on how to make correct change, and then they have a brief typing section where you have to retype a prescription or something like that. I dunno, it's been awhile since I applied.

Anyways, if you're applying to get a tech job w/ no certification/license and/or experience, good luck :laugh:.

hell I have eight years of experience in 3 states (15 total pharmacies), been certified for five years, worked as a consultant and had glowing recs coming out my ass... and it still took them 2 years to call me back

If you do not have a direct reference from a current walgreens employee then you will have a harder time getting hired.

do you need a tech license to get the job or will I eventually get a license?

I've worked at Walgreens for 4-5 years now and work closely with the management. Let me just add about the assessment, the system does time how long it takes you per question on average so don't spend too long, my managers do take note of that.

And as others have said it's a pretty basic test, don't put any stupid answers like admitting to stealing (they bait you a bunch of times for that), and do the basic math questions in a timely manner and you're set. I don't know if there's anything specific to the pharmacy tech position as I didn't apply for that position when I first was hired, ended up being promoted from within later on.

I've worked at Walgreens for 4-5 years now and work closely with the management. Let me just add about the assessment, the system does time how long it takes you per question on average so don't spend too long, my managers do take note of that.

And as others have said it's a pretty basic test, don't put any stupid answers like admitting to stealing (they bait you a bunch of times for that), and do the basic math questions in a timely manner and you're set. I don't know if there's anything specific to the pharmacy tech position as I didn't apply for that position when I first was hired, ended up being promoted from within later on.

When I took it there were basic questions regarding drugs and sig codes. Probably to see if you were lying about having past experience or not.

Was pretty easy though, took me less than 10 min all together.

i dont know but ive applied like 10 times on that stupid website and nothing...maybe thats why they never call me lol. at all of the walgreens in my area...they dont even have pharm techs maybe 1, it seems like the pharmacist has to do it all.

I had trouble with the application too but keep trying. There is 30 days until it expires. lol

Best piece of advice I could offer: speak with the pharmacy manager. Showing the initiative that you are interested in a position will be enough (it doesn't hurt to look professional and what not..) :)

The assessment is a piece of cake and NaOH is right the back room is an ice box. You do NOT need a tech license, they will provide on the job training through PPLs and what not.

It only took five days from the moment I spoke with the pharmacy manager to my first day (with the application, assessment and interview included).