Walgreens store manager pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a student

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else worked with a store manager who is also a pharmacist? I met one today and he told me there are only three of them in the country. I didn't get to ask him more about his position because we were so busy.

It was pretty cool when he came in to help with IC3, he was able to do product review and other pharmacist duties.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else worked with a store manager who is also a pharmacist? I met one today and he told me there are only three of them in the country. I didn't get to ask him more about his position because we were so busy.

It was pretty cool when he came in to help with IC3, he was able to do product review and other pharmacist duties.
Pretty much a fast track position to DM

Reactions: 1 user
Are all of their DMs pharmacists at WAGS?

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a 2 year position. If you don't get promoted after 2 years, you lose RPH salary and just get paid as a store manager.

Reactions: 1 users
Are all of their DMs pharmacists at WAGS?

no---before all the of the RX supervisors were pharmacists----they did alot of restructuring and got rid of the RX supervisor role----now there is only DM position for groups of 10-15 stores. This DM position is opened to pharmacist and non-pharmacist. The DM overseees both the pharmacy and front-end.

no---before all the of the RX supervisors were pharmacists----they did alot of restructuring and got rid of the RX supervisor role----now there is only DM position for groups of 10-15 stores. This DM position is opened to pharmacist and non-pharmacist. The DM overseees both the pharmacy and front-end.

Hmm that's interesting. So since pharmacist DMs must work as front store manager before they get promoted, do non-pharmacist DMs have to work as a tech in the pharmacy before they get promoted?

Hmm that's interesting. So since pharmacist DMs must work as front store manager before they get promoted, do non-pharmacist DMs have to work as a tech in the pharmacy before they get promoted?

Neither. I know pharmacist DMs right now that never worked front-end and non-pharmacist DMs that never worked in pharmacy. It's a mess really...all in the name of saving cost. Sometimes, I don't want to even ask my DM any pharmacy related questions because all i get are "refer to your RXM" type of responses.

I can picture it. Store manager is unloading the truck and stacking empty totes. When suddenly -- IC3 in the pharmacy! Tears off gray vest. Puts on lab coat. Runs to pharmacy and begins furiously verifying scripts while student looks on in awe. "That's right student. I am a store manager AND a pharmacist. There are only 3 of us in the whole country."

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 13 users
To become a store manager, you have to be PTCB certified. So they'd already have that to be promoted to DM

I can picture it. Store manager is unloading the truck and stacking empty totes. When suddenly -- IC3 in the pharmacy! Tears off gray vest. Puts on lab coat. Runs to pharmacy and begins furiously verifying scripts while student looks on in awe. "That's right student. I am a store manager AND a pharmacist. There are only 3 of us in the whole country."

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not unlike the commercial a couple of years ago when the pharmacist jumped rx counter, ran on top of risers, and crashed into a cage of rubber balls

Reactions: 2 users
I met an RXM at walgreens who used to have that position. He said he actually liked being the store manager more than being the RXM but that it was too much work for one person to be both. I also knew a store manager who was previously an RXM which seemed like a bananas crazy career transition to me.

Store managers at other chains don't get paid that well, they make like half of rph wage. Maybe, at wag is different? I don't see a reason why someone will switch from rph to store manager permanently if you have to take 50% cut.

Store managers at other chains don't get paid that well, they make like half of rph wage. Maybe, at wag is different? I don't see a reason why someone will switch from rph to store manager permanently if you have to take 50% cut.
Registered managers (ie, store manager who is a registered pharmacist) makes about $1500 more per year than RXM. (That figure was from about 10 years ago, but close enough).

Members don't see this ad :)

Not true....at a high tier store the front end manager can make more than any rph with bonuses up the ass. I was in a Tier 3 store for Wags and the front-end manager broke 150k.

Not true....at a high tier store the front end manager can make more than any rph with bonuses up the ass. I was in a Tier 3 store for Wags and the front-end manager broke 150k.
Thats a little less than my base without even working OT. In California you can easily make over that with 50 hours a week. I doubt any store manager is making close to what a RPH does.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Walgreens-Walgreens-Store-Manager-Salaries-E716_D_KO10,33.htm

I guess double the reported salary is the normal for you.

I wish rphs double the glassdoor self reported salary too LOL...

never said it was normal...it was a tier 3 store---busiest in our district....jesus...the amount of hate and envy here is crazy...lmao...talk about insecurity. You guys know that plenty of other ppl make more than pharmacists right? lol...I mean I have friends that started at 65k 8 years ago and now they're making like 180-200k in IT (infosec). Pharmacist salaries have and will always remain stagnant.

Last edited:
Thats a little less than my base without even working OT. In California you can easily make over that with 50 hours a week. I doubt any store manager is making close to what a RPH does.

They are...they're not telling you or you don't know people in higher up places to find out. There are plenty of ppl making more than rphs in california....store managers too in some cases at high volume stores. PAs in California make as much as pharmacists if not more. I have some relatives living around san bernardino working as PAs...125k + 15-20k bonuses.

Last edited:
Probably working 60-80 hours per week... Not with it

meh...it's not for everyone. I don't envy him. I think he's probably DM or Area Supervisor by now.

PA making 120-150k is common just like pharmacist.

Pick the busiest store in the district and say store managers for wags make a lot to prove what I said is "Not true" is a great example LMAO... My income last yr is almost double the from avg, but I'm not including that in this discussion because it's an anomaly. People always like to compare Apples vs. Oranges.

Unless you are Bill Gates, there is always someone richer than you. No one gives a sh1t.

PA making 120-150k is common just like pharmacist.

Pick the busiest store in the district and say store managers for wags make a lot to prove what I said is "Not true" is a great example LMAO... My income last yr is almost double the from avg, but I'm not including that in this discussion because it's an anomaly. People always like to compare Apples vs. Oranges.

Unless you are Bill Gates, there is always someone richer than you. No one gives a sh1t.

There's no reason to be that mad or defensive over it. The fact is that store managers can make more than rphs...I never said it was the norm. You're letting your insecurity jump the gun here.

My income last yr is almost double the from avg, but I'm not including that in this discussion because it's an anomaly.

LMAO...if i remembered correctly...a year ago you had a debate with someone regarding your income and it turns out you exaggerated and made most of it up. I could be wrong...it was the 2 of you going at it. I think you're that kid that works OT and puts that in his wage so it seems like you're getting paid more...but it was just that you're working more hours...that's all.

Bro...if you work two jobs...just say you work 2 jobs....don't lie to people and say you're doubling their salaries. Anyways....it was a spectacle....

but what does your salary have to do with any of this? We were talking front end manager. Get over yourself dude.

Last edited:
There's no reason to be that mad or defensive over it. The fact is that store managers can make more than rphs...I never said it was the norm. You're letting your insecurity jump the gun here.

LMAO...if i remembered correctly...a year ago you had a debate with someone regarding your income and it turns out you exaggerated and made most of it up. I could be wrong...it was the 2 of you going at it. It was a spectacle....but what does your salary have to do with any of this? We were talking front end manager. Get over yourself dude.

Never happened. It was another poster income exaggerated hourly rate of manager vs staff. Don't include my salary, it isn't the point. It's not me that's lacking reading comprehension.

There are some store managers that get close to rphs avg salary, in a busy store like you mentioned, but there are also rphs that make 200k-250k every yr. The fact is avg store manager always make less than avg rphs. That's apple to apple comparison.

Where do you get insecurity out of this whole discussion? Are you projecting?

Never happened. It was another poster income exaggerated hourly rate of manager vs staff. Don't include my salary, it isn't the point. It's not me that's lacking reading comprehension.

There are some store managers that get close to rphs avg salary, in a busy store like you mentioned, but there are also rphs that make 200k-250k every yr. The fact is avg store manager always make less than avg rphs. That's apple to apple comparison.

Bro if you work two jobs/OT...just say so...don't say you're doubling the average salary...it shows how insecure you are when you're intentionally trying to mask the fact that you're working more and not really earning more than your counterparts. Childish games and semantics. If I have time...i'll link that thread again...both of you were playing kid games.

Umm because what you made last year has nothing to do with the discussion, yet you still managed to bring it up every in every thread. Just because a front-end manager can make more than pharmacist...doesn't make you less of a pharmacist. Read that to yourself. okay?

Last edited:
Bro if you work two jobs/OT...just say so...don't say you're doubling the average salary...it shows how insecure you are when you're intentionally trying to mask the fact that you're working more and not really earning more than your counterparts. Childish games and semantics. If I have time...i'll link that thread again...both of you were playing kid games.

Go ahead link the thread. When I said rphs making 200-250k, did I stutter and said they didn't work more/have 2 jobs/OT? When I said my income last year was doubling avg rph income (120kX2), did I say I work less?

Reading comprehension, do you have it? Feels like I am talking to a rock here. Always taking things out of context and twisting every word. Buddy, you miss high school drama, much?

Go ahead link the thread. When I said rphs making 200-250k, did I stutter and said they didn't work more/have 2 jobs/OT? When I said my income last year was doubling avg rph income (120kX2), did I say I work less?

Reading comprehension, do you have it? Feels like I am talking to a rock here. Always taking things out of context and twisting every word. Buddy, you miss high school drama, much?

Okay calm down there kid.
Just because a front-end manager can make more than pharmacist...doesn't make you less of a pharmacist. Read that to yourself. Okay? There's no turf war going on. They ain't stealing yo lunch. You'll be alright, I promise.

When I said my income last year was doubling avg rph income (120kX2), did I say I work less?

why even bring it up tho? It had nothing to do with the discussion. this shows underlying insecurity...like a front-end manager making more than you kind-of-insecurity.

Last edited:
Okay calm down there kid.
Just because a front-end manager can make more than pharmacist...doesn't make you less of a pharmacist. Read that to yourself. Okay? There's no turf war going on. They ain't stealing yo lunch. You'll be alright, I promise.
That's cool you have nothing of value to say. I'll let you have the last word, post something after this to make you feel better, bud.

That's cool you have nothing of value to say. I'll let you have the last word, post something after this to make you feel better, bud.

Just taking a page from your playbook brah

Every single posts of yours is edited. But, I am the one insecure, with hate and envy, right?

Hey, I am supposed to give you the last word! I need some zzz time. You can win this one man, I won't get butt hurt.