Walgreens vs CVS offer...help!

Started by pharm00123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm00123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am a new grad and have received offers from both CVS and Walgreens. They pay is similar (CVS is only offering about $600 more per year than Wags). I know its hard to compare these two companies since they are so similar, but does anyone have any overall, general views on each of the companies? I also know that it depends on what district you are in, who your pharmacy supervisor is, how busy the area is, etc but I would just like to get a general idea.

Also does anyone know the benefit packages of the two companies and if one is better?
 
Both of them serve as good training companies for a better job. Flip a coin and go do your time at one of them while gaining experience. Look for a new position in two years and let another newbie get burned out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CVS is way worse. Wouldnt take a job with them if was only offer I had. Would keep looking.