Wallet sized photos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragonfly9

Frickin' Chicken
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess I knew that the time would come that I would have to fork over wallet-sized photos of myself for application's sake, however, I didn't really figure how I'd go about doing this.

Does anyone have any quick and inexpensive solutions for obtaining wallet sized photos? I tend to blend in with passport photo backgrounds and the last portraits that I had taken were during senior year, 2 years ago and technically, they are my parents' photos so I have no idea whether there are even any left. I know that Kodak has do-it-yourself photo replication, but I'm not sure if they have photo shrinking. . . Then again, I'm not sure I have any appropriate current photos I could shrink. . . I hate having my picture taken!

Members don't see this ad.

Just go and get some passport photos taken. If you have trouble "blending in" with the passport photo background, ask the photographer to change the background color. They should be able to do this. Remember, we just need a passport-style photograph. That menas it doesn't have to be taken with the Official Passport Photo Background.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DesiDentist
You gotta do what you gotta do!!!

DesiDentist

Again, Desi, I don't understand how this is helpful.

Originally posted by RSXer
Just go and get some passport photos taken. If you have trouble "blending in" with the passport photo background, ask the photographer to change the background color. They should be able to do this. Remember, we just need a passport-style photograph. That menas it doesn't have to be taken with the Official Passport Photo Background.

Thanks, but someone at work suggested the Kodak picture maker or whatever. I guess there is one at our CVS and you can crop a photo and have 9 wallets printed on a sheet for much less that it would cost for a bunch of passport photos. It was more the cost than the quality I wanted to avoid being that passport photos run 7-10 dollars for 2 photos and I need 9 pictures total. In addition to the lower cost, I am much happier with a photo with a little more personality than a passport shot, regardless of how little it matters to schools.

yea, our pre-health advisor suggested that kodak method also. it's a lot cheaper. some of my friends did that and turned out not bad. i would say go ahead and do that.
i got mine taken at sears and they turned out fine... although a little more costly.

~qoo

Originally posted by dragonfly9
I hate having my picture taken!

I was just commenting on your attitude about one of the requirments for dental school. I just wanted to mention that no matter what you think, you gotta do what you gotta do. I understand that some people just aren't photogenic thus they are afraid of the picture ruining their application, but some schools want a face to your application so they can remember who you are.

If money or time is an issue you should try to borrow a digital camera and take a picuture. Then you can go to one of the photo shops and they can print and crop the digital pictures for like 50 cents for a 3x5.

DesiDentist

Whoa! I happen to be quite photogenic, thank you very much and I would not be concerned about a photo ruining my application! I just am not photo happy. My best friends in college were "pretty girls" and loved to take pictures to reaffirm their confidence in their looks. We saw each other everyday and therefore saw no reason to have our pictures plastered all over our livingroom. I became anti-photo.

You can be a-know-it all control freak, why can't I be anti-photo. (Sorry, but your last post was reaaaally pushing it. . .)

Plus, I posted that I have a solution. Its fixed. No more from you.

Originally posted by DesiDentist
I was just commenting on your attitude about one of the requirments for dental school. I just wanted to mention that no matter what you think, you gotta do what you gotta do. I understand that some people just aren't photogenic thus they are afraid of the picture ruining their application, but some schools want a face to your application so they can remember who you are.

If money or time is an issue you should try to borrow a digital camera and take a picuture. Then you can go to one of the photo shops and they can print and crop the digital pictures for like 50 cents for a 3x5.

DesiDentist

I agree with Desi. I used my digital camera to take the photos, and then printed off a sheet of passport sized. Worked nicely, and the entire process took less than 3 minutes (literally!).