Walmart impressions? Need advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rybko90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm a P1 student. I've been a tech at CVS for over two years. I'm being offered to intern for Walmart. I want to stick with one company throughout pharmacy school and jump in immediately after graduating.

I guess most people would jump ship immediately. The one thing making me consider staying with CVS is... I know everybody. I know the DM, and so forth. I want to stay in DFW, and with CVS I can be confident that I'll have a job when I graduate. Yet, I know that Walmart may be a better company to work for.

I've only ever worked for CVS. How much better is the environment at Walmart? How manageable is the pharmacist-in-charge position? Metrics? Anything else to consider?

Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd definitely consider benefits, hours, locations. No, most people wouldn't just ship immediately, you will find pharmacist who have worked for both who prefer CVS over Walmart, and you will find pharmacists who have worked for both who prefer Walmart over CVS. Which one *you* would prefer is going to be individual to you, and how you prioritize different things.

The new Walmarts also have drive thrus, UGH.