Walmart Pharmacist Internal Transfer process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmagirl1818

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently a pharmacist for walmart retail and interested in applying for a specialty position that has opened up. Not sure if I can just apply for it myself and need to let my Market Director know beforehand? If there is any walmart pharmacist out there that is aware of transfer process or best method or strategy, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Always tell your supervisor beforehand. They will find out eventually, and if you don't tell them first then they'll get mad.

Reactions: 1 user
DM isn't gonna do jack if you apply without prior notification

They also risk Open Door headaches if they try to block a transfer

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also a Walmart pharmacist trying to transfer, when I brought it up with my DM, he said that one of the requirements is that you have to have been working for Walmart for at least 18 months (though if anyone can confirm this, I’d appreciate it). He also said that the DM at the District I apply to would reach out to him first, before contacting me for an interview if need be. So yeah, Might as well let them know.

18 months is a “convenient” requirement; meaning they can approve your transfer early if they want to, but also deny it if there is a need. Your DM is kind of making an investment in you by bringing you to his store and you aren’t worth this investment if you don’t even stay there for a certain time period.

I have seen people transferring into different store in the same market within a month.

18 months is a “convenient” requirement; meaning they can approve your transfer early if they want to, but also deny it if there is a need. Your DM is kind of making an investment in you by bringing you to his store and you aren’t worth this investment if you don’t even stay there for a certain time period.

I have seen people transferring into different store in the same market within a month.

Thanks for the info, that’s good to know. Although, as an aside, I remember when I was being interviewed, the individual who interviewed me said that they were looking for someone long-term. Fast forward 18 months however, and that fella (One level above district manager right think), as well as the district manager, an interim district manager, and two pharmacy managers, all gone

Thanks for the info, that’s good to know. Although, as an aside, I remember when I was being interviewed, the individual who interviewed me said that they were looking for someone long-term. Fast forward 18 months however, and that fella (One level above district manager right think), as well as the district manager, an interim district manager, and two pharmacy managers, all gone

I kinda don't get that market. When it comes to more remote areas of California I'd rather work there then the likes of Crescent City, Yreka, Eureka, Susanville etc.

Necro

I am also a Walmart pharmacist trying to transfer, when I brought it up with my DM, he said that one of the requirements is that you have to have been working for Walmart for at least 18 months (though if anyone can confirm this, I’d appreciate it). He also said that the DM at the District I apply to would reach out to him first, before contacting me for an interview if need be. So yeah, Might as well let them know.

Did you ever get that transfer?