Walmart Phone Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharm21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a Walmart phone interview with a RTS next week, and I was wondering what kind of questions they asked if you had a phone interview with them already. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

My interview was pretty short because he only asked me 5 questions. He asked me to counsel on metformin. He also asked, if I was a pharmacist working at walmart and he walked in, what would he see? he also asked me something about saving money for customers and the four dollar list. I can't really remember the other 2 questions, I think one of them might have been about goals? I'm not sure. It was about a month ago.

My interview was pretty short because he only asked me 5 questions. He asked me to counsel on metformin. He also asked, if I was a pharmacist working at walmart and he walked in, what would he see? he also asked me something about saving money for customers and the four dollar list. I can't really remember the other 2 questions, I think one of them might have been about goals? I'm not sure. It was about a month ago.

Thank you for your response. I will definitely keep this in mind when I interview next week. What do others think if they had a Walmart phone interview in the past?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you already an intern with walmart and already applied to locations? I applied to locations and am awaiting a second interview still..

Are you already an intern with walmart and already applied to locations? I applied to locations and am awaiting a second interview still..

Yes, I did both. Are you an intern at Walmart as well? From the conference call, it seems as if the 2nd interviews start November 15th, but I think most DMs don't have 2nd interviews (my guess) and start giving out LOI on Dec. 4th by looking at your first interview responses/availability/application

Yes, I did both. Are you an intern at Walmart as well? From the conference call, it seems as if the 2nd interviews start November 15th, but I think most DMs don't have 2nd interviews (my guess) and start giving out LOI on Dec. 4th by looking at your first interview responses/availability/application

where are you applying?

Does anybody know when to expect to hear for non-current interns that interviewed at school career fair?

Does anybody know when to expect to hear for non-current interns that interviewed at school career fair?

I would assume not for a while because they're going to get current interns LOI by beginning of December and then they will start the process for non-interns.. Just my guess.

Has anyone sent a letter of recommendation to their market directors of the locations they applied for? I was told by my RTS that I should gather letters of recommendations and send them to the market directors and this would help the interviewing process...

If entry positions are part-time float, when do you move to full time and/or get benefits? whats the typical hourly pay?

has anyone received a LOI from them? I still haven't heard back for a 2nd interview. As of last week, the DM of one of the locations I applied to told me that he hadn't even reviewed the position yet...

has anyone received a LOI from them? I still haven't heard back for a 2nd interview. As of last week, the DM of one of the locations I applied to told me that he hadn't even reviewed the position yet...

I received a LOI from Walmart. I got a 2nd interview from a DM about two weeks ago. Good luck!

If entry positions are part-time float, when do you move to full time and/or get benefits? whats the typical hourly pay?

Bump
I would love to know this information as well.

I searched the old threads and really don't see any discussion about starting salaries with Walmart at all. All the threads say that Walmart pay is better but they don't say anything specific.