walmart vs. safeway pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was hoping to get some insight on working as a pharmacist for Safeway. Currently, I work as a pharmacist for Walmart in the Midwest, but I am relocating to the PNW in a couple months. I have only been with Walmart for a couple of months, but I have for the most part enjoyed being a pharmacist for Walmart. As a pharmacist for Walmart, I enjoy that there is plenty of tech help, a good amount of pharmacist overlap and a lunch break. I would like to continue working for Walmart when I relocate, but I have not seen any openings in the area I am looking. (Does anyone have any insight on how relocating within Walmart works?)I have received a second phone interview for a floating pharmacist position at Safeway. I was wondering if there were any current pharmacist at Safeway that could tell me what is like being a pharmacist at Safeway in terms of tech help, what it is like to float for Safeway, pharmacist overlap and any sort of lunch break. I was also wondering if anyone could help me with what to expect for a second interview with Safeway.

Thanks fellow sdn'ers :)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have direct experience with this, but I doubt you'll be able to find any openings on the WIRE. Probably a good idea to reach out to the DMs/Regional Manager or the Regional Talent Coordinator in the PNW area to see if they have any openings coming up in the next few months

I did some retail prn work a few years ago, much of the time at Safeway. I found the conotions to be bad. Poor tech help in terms of quality and FTE. Outdated rx system, terrible workflows, high turnover and I heard the benefits were not that great.
This is from one metro area about 5 years ago