WAMC 2014-15 Application Cycle

Started by sluv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sluv

ChicagoHopeful
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi fellow pre-pharmers!
I couldn't find a a current WAMC so I'm posting here.
E-submitted 12/1/14 along with supplementary applications that were available . Late applicant 🙁
I'm playing the waiting game now and I think a lot of my choices will not consider me based on what I see on here. Should I add more schools? Please let me know your opinions, good and bad.

My choices are:
1. UIC
2. Rosalind Franklin
3. Midwestern
4. UOP - Ca
5. UOPitts
6. UOMaryland
I graduated from UC Davis 2013
GPA:3.2 with lower science GPA
BS in Bio Sci and BA in Soc Sci

Working on my MS GPA: 3.6

PCAT composite: 92 in Nov,2014

Obtained by CPhT + CA license with 4months of retail pharmacy intern experience. I'm being hired as a tech soon.

In undergrad:
>2yrs of academic research
>1yr of biotech internship
Science tutoring
Hospital volunteer
Pre-health Club activities

Post undergrad:
>1yr professional biotech position at start-up

4 LOR: two science professors, one from undergrad and one from grad school
One from former supervisor
One from a pharmacist
All wrote strong recommendations