This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diana2000

Reaction score
Roosevelt university reached out to me and said my application is on hold until they get my fall semester grades (current semester) in? is that a good sign or bad sign?? i’ve been asked for interviews for 6 other schools i applied to but this is the first time i’ve ever heard of a hold? my cumulative is a 3.3 so i’m not sure what’s the point of a hold or what it means

Members don't see this ad.

I'm guessing you are a PharmCAS applicant. My understanding is that Roosevelt has a lot of students that come in through partner programs and they take those first. May also have to do with a science GPA. I wouldn't sweat it. Roosevelt is WAY overpriced and you should be prefering to go elsewhere.

Where are you interviewing?

Reactions: 1 user
A secondary requirement some schools do through PharmCAS (a bit more strict compared to other programs) is put your application on hold/rest until the next semester courses come in due to you needing more than 2 or 3 classes as prereq requirements completed with a letter grade (they may want all but 1-2 prerequisites finished before looking at an application).

Many students have had to defer due to not fulfilling some small prereq that was scheduled on their projected graduation date/class schedule that never came to fruit so some have decided to put a more stricter guideline in place mid-application cycle.

It means that they’re trying to verify whether you have a pulse or whether you can secure $200k+ in student loans.