WAMC? 2022-2023 cycle need help with school list!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

totorofairy

Reaction score
Date of submission: July 2, 2023
Overall GPA: 3.84
Science GPA: 3.8
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.8
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20AA /19TS 19BIO 20GC 19 OC 23RC 21PAT 20 20QR
State of Residence: Washington

Major: Biological Sciences
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100 hours gen dentist in college
Volunteering Experience: Total about 150 hours by the end of the summer throughout my summers at various food banks
Employment: Currently a full time dental assistant, by the end of summer will have about 640 hours
Research: About 100-150 hours with undergrad biochem research with 1 poster presentation
Other Extracurriculars: Multiple clubs at school (pre dental, two art clubs)
Leadership position at one club at my school
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's list
LOR type and strength: 2 from science professors (strong) and 1 from general dentist I shadowed and now work for (strong)
School list:
University of Washington (ideal)
Oregon Health Sciences (ideal)
Western University
Boston University
Tufts
Rutgers
University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
Marquette
A.T. Still University Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I would consider applying to more schools. You have a competitive GPA but your DAT is still below national average (20.8AA).

Being young isn’t a problem, but you want to make sure you display a level of maturity that is concurrent with professional students in your essays and interviews.

Some schools you could look into: Creighton, ASDOH, Colorado, UNLV

You will probably want to apply to 10-12 schools to be safe

Date of submission: July 2, 2023
Overall GPA: 3.84
Science GPA: 3.8
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.8
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20AA /19TS 19BIO 20GC 19 OC 23RC 21PAT 20 20QR (regret taking it after my 1st year of undergrad before taking a+p and major upper divs aware its on the lower side)
State of Residence: Washington

Major: Biological Sciences
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100 hours gen dentist in college and 80 in high school gen dentist
Volunteering Experience: Total about 150 hours by the end of the summer throughout my summers at various food banks
Employment: General Biology Teaching Assistant, Statistics Teaching assistant: both 1 year employed
Currently a full time dental assistant, by the end of summer will have about 640 hours
Research: About 100-150 hours with undergrad biochem research with 1 poster presentation
Other Extracurriculars: Multiple clubs at school (pre dental, two art clubs)
Leadership position at one club at my school
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's list
LOR type and strength: 2 from science professors (strong) and 1 from general dentist I shadowed and now work for (strong)
School list:
University of Washington (ideal)
Oregon Health Sciences (ideal)
Western University
Boston University
Tufts
Rutgers
University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
Marquette
A.T. Still University Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health

I am applying at the end of my second year of undergrad (will be receiving bachelors after 3) but worried that my experiences are not enough for some colleges like UW
why mw-il, but no mw-az?

I added mw-il because I have family near Illinois, no particular reason I don't have mw-az, do you think it is a school I should consider?
it just struck me as odd that you would have a school in IL, but not it's sister school in AZ, which is closer, especially since you had ASDOH, which is also in AZ

do you fit in with the mission at the MW schools and/or ASDOH?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.