WAMC 2024-2025 // 3.63 21 AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simplychaoss

Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.63
Science GPA: 3.33
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.29
DAT Score: 21 AA/TS
18 PAT, 19 QR, 23 RC, 21 Bio, 21 GC, 20 OC
State of Residence: La
Major: Biological sciences
Minor: Business administration
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 70 hours at the moment from shadowing a GP; however I’m planning for 100+
Volunteering Experience: 50 hours direct hands-on volunteering, shooting for 100+
Employment: 600+ hours as a server
Research: 70 hours of biochemistry research, no publications
Other Extracurriculars: 300+ hours of sorority involvement, ~20 hours of tutoring
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? No
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list x4
LOR type and strength: A letter from my research professor (should be pretty good), a letter from my microbiology professor (average), and a letter from a religion professor (really strong). I’m getting a committee letter from my school as well.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Small upward trend in GPA
School list:
1. LSU
2. LECOM
3. NOVA
4. Colorado
5. ASDOH
6. Tufts
7.Touro
8. Midwestern AZ
9. Midwestern Illinois
10. MOSDOH
11. Roseman
12. UDM
13. Louisville
14. UNE

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Colorado doesn't really fit, nor does UNE just given location. UDM might be a stretch as well, even though it is private. The rest of the list seems fine.

You might need to get another LOR from a science prof, most want 2 and you're research professor doesn't count if it was academic research that wasn't part of a course. Definitely up those volunteer hours.

Get to your hours targets before submitting your application in June (100 clinical, 100 volunteering). I presume you have attended recruiting events at LSU which is your IS program.

Your GPA doesn't give me confidence in your ability to do well in the 3-year schools like Roseman or Pacific (I know you haven't listed). If you are devoutly Christian, perhaps LLUMC but your metrics are a bit lower than desired; check with their LOR requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
Colorado doesn't really fit, nor does UNE just given location. UDM might be a stretch as well, even though it is private. The rest of the list seems fine.

You might need to get another LOR from a science prof, most want 2 and you're research professor doesn't count if it was academic research that wasn't part of a course. Definitely up those volunteer hours.
I’m getting a committee letter through my school, does that count?