WAMC 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GJS

Reaction score
I am a 20 yrld, M, traditional, Junior at the University of North Florida. I am very interested in science and how the world works and how our brain (in comparison to animals) perceives that working (neuroscience). I am the son of a long time practicing DVM from UF. My goal is to go to UF like my father and inherit/take on the family Veterinary business. I have qualified business experience and excellent social skills (extraverted). Additionally I lived in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, for 6 months off of my business proceeds.

Cumulative GPA: 3.50
science GPA: 3.7
last 45: 3.85

Any degrees achieved

Associates of Science at 2 year institution
Bachelors of Science: Double Major in Biomedical Science and Behavioral Neuroscience
In progress: Accelerated BS-MS in Biomedical Science

GRE results: Haven't taken it yet.

Veterinary Experience:

- My entire adolescent period to moving out for college at my Father's 2 GP's and 1 ER hospitals.
- 1,315.5 hours getting paid veterinary surgical, diagnostic, clinical and GP technician experience working with a team of 4 doctors.

Animal Experience:
- Boarding Manager at my Father's GP practice adolescent period to moving out for college
- Owning and Raising three cattle, over 200 chickens, 4 horses, 3 pigs, and lamas.
- 100's of hours showing goats and chickens in 4-H.
- Animal care taking of my research lab's 100's of Zebra Fish
- My own 3 dogs and 3 cats.

Research Experience:
- Genetics/Bioinformatics/Neuroscience Research in a PhD's lab at my university.
- Animal Behavior research on the endangered Gouldian Finch from Australia. We have bred specimens from Australia and built our own population. We built our own Aviary on campus.

Awards/scholarships:
Received the UNF Hick’s Honor’s Fellows Award for my undergraduate research in Dr. Kohn’s laboratory.

Received the UNF Martin P. Garris Humanitarian Scholarship Award

Received the UNF Scheidel Foundation and Bank of America “CARES” Humanitarian Award

Received the University of North Florida Transfer Student Award and Scholarship

Received the Pilot Club International Scholarship for dedicated work in sharing brain health and community service.

Received the Dean’s List of academic excellence at the University of North Florida

Received the UNF Undergraduate Research Scholarship and Creative Activities Grant.

Received the Dean’s list of academic excellence at Florida State College at Jacksonville.

Received Principal High Honor Award and National Honor Society Award at St. Joseph Academy.

Received multiple promotions at Chick-Fil-A and was a recipient of the CFA Remarkable Scholarship.

Received the High Achiever Comcast Scholarship.

Extracurriculars:
4-H during childhood

2-year College Club experiences: President of the St. Augustine Anchor Club, Students for the Poor Club, And Student Government while dual enrolled at St. John’s River State College and St. Joseph Academy.

University of North Florida Club experiences: Current President and Founder of the newly formed UNF “Compass (Brain Health)” Club, UNF “Aviation Club”, UNF “Psychology” Club, the UNF “Life Support” Club. Secretary of the UNF “Pre-veterinary” Club and Treasurer of the UNF “Biomedical Science” Club.

Student Conduct Board Member reviewing cases of plagiarism and academic misconduct under the University Dean.

UNF Student Government Senator.

UNF Budget and Allocations Committee Member.

Employment:
Owner and CEO of Springer Media, previously a six-figure yearly revenue real estate marketing agency for high producing real estate teams and brokerages in the United States. (1 year)

Owner and Founding Member of "Frederick's Farm Fresh Eggs" a local egg selling business in St. Augustine. (4 years)

Owner and Founder of "VetMark" a veterinary marketing company.

Owner and founder of "Gabriel Walks" where I dog sit.

Manager of Chick-Fil-A, St. Augustine, FL (3 years)

Head Barista of BC Boba Tea, Gainesville, FL (6-months)

Veterinary Technician at local GP/ER (2 years)

ELORS:
3-4 Veterinarian reccomendations and 2-3 Professors and 2 Research P.I's

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: