WAMC/ (3.0cgpa/514) school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmikkee123

Reaction score
1. 3.0 cGPA and 3.5 sGPA after post bacc, cGPA was 2.86 before
2. 514 mcat
3. Florida, US
4. Caucasian
5.UF
6. 2000 hours as ER nurse, 200 hours volunteering as patient transport, delivering food to patients etc
7. none research yet, will start part time as a lab tech soon
8. 60 hours PCP, 80 hours OBGYN
9. Volunteering at the homeless shelter(150 hours), dance marathon volunteer(25 hours raising money for children with cancer),
10. fraternity chapter vice president, judo club captain, wrestling club manager, ESL tutor. co founded chess club

I am going to get more hours as a lab tech but other than that are there any areas where I need to work better on? @fara @Goro Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

Break down that GPA more clearly between pre-postbac and after (year by year). How many courses did you take with the postbac period, and were they upper level biology classes or graduate level?

What did you do at the homeless shelter?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, thanks for your response
Pre bac cGPA was 2.86 and pre back sGPA was 2.7. year by year-(3.1, 2.5, 2.04,3.8) This was a degree in journalism so i didnt take a lot of science classes then.
Post bacc I took mostly upper level biology courses, the ones in the goro guide recommendation. Took 48 credits post bacc and my gpa was 3.6 and then 3.8 year by year. This brought my cGPA to 3.0 and sGPA to 3.5

In the homeless shelter I distributed food, blankets and organized donations. @Mr.Smile12

Members don't see this ad :)
You are competitive for most DO schools and could receive MD interviews also. I suggest these MD schools:
Florida State
U Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
Miami
USF Morsani
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
For DO schools I suggest these:
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
LECOM (Bradenton)
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
PCOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
WVSOM

You are competitive for most DO schools and could receive MD interviews also. I suggest these MD schools:
Florida State
U Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
Miami
USF Morsani
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
For DO schools I suggest these:
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
LECOM (Bradenton)
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
PCOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
WVSOM
I agree with the wise Faha.

Add EVMS, TUFTS SLU, CREIGHTON to the list, also ACOM, CUSOM, PCOM

Continue your volunteering at the homeless shelter and perhaps try to explore similar areas where you can also help underserved populations non-clinically.