WAMC 3.1 ugrad 3.8 post bacc 513 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nofap2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, long time lurker, first post. I asked this question in the WAMC forum but was unable to get a response.

I am a non trad (29 years old) AA male URM coming from an east coast state school. I had a 3.1 coming out of undergrad but completed a 75 credit post bacc (don’t ask) with a 3.8 gpa. 513 mcat (125 cars :( )

-5000 hours of research ( 1 pub 2 abstracts, a few presentations)
-2000 clinical hours at a PT clinic
-3000 clinical hours at a hospital
- interests in underserved health and health equity
- Project manager and research coordinator for four years ( cancer, orthopedic research and public health research)
-part time music producer (for someone famous that won a Grammy)
- strong LOR from professors
- personal trainer during college

I am applying this cycle. I want to stay on the east coasts (NY, PA, CONN, NJ) . What schools do you think I should apply too? What are my chances?

Hanks for all of your help.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a lot of options & a really interesting activity that could go under non-clinical employement/hobby on the AMCAS. I would definitely consider the Philly triplets, all east coast/southeast schools that you are in the 10th percentile for (but make sure they don't have a rigid cutoff for undergrad gpa's), & a few in the Midwest. We love reinvention.

Oh! & if I'm not mistaken, a bigger number of DO schools on the east too, so I would consider those.