WAMC 3.1 ugrad 3.8 post bacc 513 mcat

Started by Nofap2018
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nofap2018

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, long time lurker, first post. I asked this question in the WAMC forum but was unable to get a response.

I am a non trad (29 years old) AA male URM coming from an east coast state school. I had a 3.1 coming out of undergrad but completed a 75 credit post bacc (don’t ask) with a 3.8 gpa. 513 mcat (125 cars 🙁 )

-5000 hours of research ( 1 pub 2 abstracts, a few presentations)
-2000 clinical hours at a PT clinic
-3000 clinical hours at a hospital
- interests in underserved health and health equity
- Project manager and research coordinator for four years ( cancer, orthopedic research and public health research)
-part time music producer (for someone famous that won a Grammy)
- strong LOR from professors
- personal trainer during college

I am applying this cycle. I want to stay on the east coasts (NY, PA, CONN, NJ) . What schools do you think I should apply too? What are my chances?


Hanks for all of your help.
 
You have a lot of options & a really interesting activity that could go under non-clinical employement/hobby on the AMCAS. I would definitely consider the Philly triplets, all east coast/southeast schools that you are in the 10th percentile for (but make sure they don't have a rigid cutoff for undergrad gpa's), & a few in the Midwest. We love reinvention.

Oh! & if I'm not mistaken, a bigger number of DO schools on the east too, so I would consider those.