MD wamc? 3.66 gpa, 515 on mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stitchlover11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all!
I go to a pretty competitive school (top 20 i think) thats largely known for its research. I have a 3.66 gpa as a bio major and a 515 on the mcat. I have done research for about 2 years in a wet lab and also two summers of clinical research attached to one of the Ivy league schools. I have extensive shadowing and other clinical experiences, and volunteer regularly about 100 hours a semester. I'm heading to do research on an NIH grant for a year, so ill be applying after that! i was just wondering if anyone could give me some points of what my chances are of getting into med school or even if y'all had some suggestions for where to apply!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence? Do you have a tentative list of schools you are interested in or a geographic preference?

Where is your state of residence? Do you have a tentative list of schools you are interested in or a geographic preference?
Hi! so my state of residency is connecticut. I want to stay in the northeast hopefully, but I am honestly fine with wherever. An MD is an MD and I'm more than happen to live somewhere else to get one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your best chance is at UConn but you could also receive an interview at these schools:
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Tufts
BU
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Rochester
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Tulane
Miami
You could also try Brown and Dartmouth but they are more competitive.

Your best chance is at UConn but you could also receive an interview at these schools:
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Tufts
BU
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Rochester
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Tulane
Miami
You could also try Brown and Dartmouth but they are more competitive.

one ore questions: the grant i got for the NIH is working in a lab in mass. Which means ill have residency in massachusetts. does this change my chances for getting in to those schools in that state? (like BU, UMASS etc)

one ore questions: the grant i got for the NIH is working in a lab in mass. Which means ill have residency in massachusetts. does this change my chances for getting in to those schools in that state? (like BU, UMASS etc)
You may want to contact UMass about the residency requirement: Massachusetts Residency Classification
It appears that you are better off keeping your CT residency though Tufts and to a lesser extent BU seem to have some instate preference.