WAMC 3.67 515 2020 application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyb68

Reaction score
edit

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should definitely be able to get some interviews

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I thought I had a solid app, but I'm just really concerned that applying kinda late is gonna hold me back. I took the mcat in June, sent out my AMCAS in early July and was verified in early August. My app got delayed because I was frantically interviewing for different research positions in August and September to find a gap year job. It was really tough finding a job that would take me for the next ~10 months. I was complete for most schools from 9/7 to 10/10 so I haven't heard back from anywhere yet

The following are likely donations.
Penn
UCSF
Columbia
UCLA
WashU
Cornell
NYU (Langone)
U Washington
Yale
Chicago (Pritzker)
Michigan
Vanderbilt
UCSD
Baylor
UNC
Wisconsin-Madison
Brown
Umaryland
Uflorida
Stony brook
Howard
Kaiser Perm
[/QUOTE]

@Goro I understand some of the schools you have there, but is there a specific reason you don't think I have a shot at schools like Wisconsin, Brown, Maryland, Florida and Stony? I actually have ties to Wisconsin as a relative went to school there.

@Goro I understand some of the schools you have there, but is there a specific reason you don't think I have a shot at schools like Wisconsin, Brown, Maryland, Florida and Stony? I actually have ties to Wisconsin as a relative went to school there.
That's not a tie
Brown highly favors their own UGs.
State schools favor the home team, and so for them, one needs to be above avg.

Reactions: 1 user
  1. s/cGPA: 3.67
  2. MCAT: 515 (130/127/129/129)
  3. State of residence: Pennsylvania
  4. Ethnicity: Hispanic, born in South America, moved to the US when I was young, fluent in english/spanish
  5. Undergraduate institution: Top 10, prestigious medical reputation
  6. Clinical experience: ~200 hours working in a free clinic and pediatric surgery unit
  7. Research experience and productivity: ~1000 hours, no pub but will be working as a research assistant at Harvard doing significant cancer research, hoping to get published eventually
  8. Shadowing ~120 hours shadowed a derm and urologist
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: ~200 working with underserved populations
  10. Other: varsity sports for 2 years, applying as a disadvantaged applicant, aamc fee assistance program, strong theme of working with disadvantaged populations
I applied to 40 schools. I was complete for the majority of them from Sept-early October (I know my app was late I was trying to find a gap year job so I could finish my essays). Considering that my app may have been a little late, what are my chances. I have no interviews yet but I haven't expected any to come for me until later
School list
Penn
UCSF
Columbia
UCLA
WashU
Cornell
NYU (Langone)
U Washington
Duke
Pitt
Yale
Chicago (Pritzker)
Michigan
Vanderbilt
Icahn
Northwestern
UCSD
Baylor
UNC
Case Western
Emory
UVA
Wisconsin-Madison
Boston
Ohio State
Brown
Albert Einstein
Cincinnati
Umaryland
Uflorida
Georgetown
Miami
Stony brook
Jefferson
Tufts
George Wash
Temple
Drexel
Howard
Kaiser Perm
There are some reasonable legit schools given your scores and grades, but about almost a third of the schools on your list, you are lagging on their average MCAT.,..

Reactions: 1 user
  1. s/cGPA: 3.67
  2. MCAT: 515 (130/127/129/129)
  3. State of residence: Pennsylvania
  4. Ethnicity: Hispanic, born in South America, moved to the US when I was young, fluent in english/spanish
  5. Undergraduate institution: Top 10, prestigious medical reputation
  6. Clinical experience: ~200 hours working in a free clinic and pediatric surgery unit
  7. Research experience and productivity: ~1000 hours, no pub but will be working as a research assistant at Harvard doing significant cancer research, hoping to get published eventually
  8. Shadowing ~120 hours shadowed a derm and urologist
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: ~200 working with underserved populations
  10. Other: varsity sports for 2 years, applying as a disadvantaged applicant, aamc fee assistance program, strong theme of working with disadvantaged populations
I applied to 40 schools. I was complete for the majority of them from Sept-early October (I know my app was late I was trying to find a gap year job so I could finish my essays). Considering that my app may have been a little late, what are my chances. I have no interviews yet but I haven't expected any to come for me until later
School list
Penn
UCSF
Columbia
UCLA
WashU
Cornell
NYU (Langone)
U Washington
Duke
Pitt
Yale
Chicago (Pritzker)
Michigan
Vanderbilt
Icahn
Northwestern
UCSD
Baylor
UNC
Case Western
Emory
UVA
Wisconsin-Madison
Boston
Ohio State
Brown
Albert Einstein
Cincinnati
Umaryland
Uflorida
Georgetown
Miami
Stony brook
Jefferson
Tufts
George Wash
Temple
Drexel
Howard
Kaiser Perm
you're asking us if you have a shot at a T25...that's the magic question, isn't it? The schools on that list you have have a type, soldier. like...
1570856541704.png

Status
Not open for further replies.