WAMC: 3.7/526 Medical/Business Applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Welcome to the forums.

With your metrics you can call your shot for your school list I think it would help having connections to LMSA chapters and any organizations that involve medical students in hackathons or entrepreneurship challenges. AMSA's annual meeting has a competition that pits entrepreneurial med students to do Shark Tank pitches. They just posted a social media visual story/reel of the 10 teams and the schools they represent.

Check out
 
Welcome to the forums.

With your metrics you can call your shot for your school list I think it would help having connections to LMSA chapters and any organizations that involve medical students in hackathons or entrepreneurship challenges. AMSA's annual meeting has a competition that pits entrepreneurial med students to do Shark Tank pitches. They just posted a social media visual story/reel of the 10 teams and the schools they represent.

Check out

Thanks! Do you think entrepreneurship is a strong differentiator in applications? I want to present it in a way that highlights my commitment to improving healthcare without seeming overconfident.

My goal is to make change like optimizing urgent care clinics since there are definitely a lot of challenges that need to be addressed
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1743136382314.png
 
Thanks! Do you think entrepreneurship is a strong differentiator in applications? I want to present it in a way that highlights my commitment to improving healthcare without seeming overconfident.

My goal is to make change like optimizing urgent care clinics since there are definitely a lot of challenges that need to be addressed
Strong differentiator, no. But you have to show you want to care for patients. Check out secondary essay prompts; I think there are a few that ask if you are interested in entrepreneurship or in improving the health care system. You'll have to do that homework.
 
Thank you I appreciate your advice. 😁
Strong differentiator, no. But you have to show you want to care for patients. Check out secondary essay prompts; I think there are a few that ask if you are interested in entrepreneurship or in improving the health care system. You'll have to do that homework.