WAMC 3.79cGPA 3.70sGPA 506 MCAT CA ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YouGoodTMinus

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got my MCAT score back today and I'm feeling kinda down, I was hoping to score 510+ but unfortunately I got a 506 (125/126/128/127). I am just wondering WAMC applying this cycle or should I even bother.

1. 3.79 cGPA 3.70sGPA. My GPA at community college was a 3.6 and at university was a 3.96 (cGPA).
2. 506 (125/126/128/127)
3. CA
4. ORM- Asian Male
5. I went to a T50 public university in CA with a relatively high acceptance rate
6. 1000+ hours as a phlebotomist during COVID and 40 hrs volunteering at free health care clinics
7. 1000+ hours as a CRC working on NASH and NAFLD. Was in leadership and oversaw others, no publications, but did work on several projects
8. 60 hrs shadowing from clinical research (gastro) and 30 hrs in internal medicine
9. Non Clinical Volunteering 715 hours, 2 experiences one with 600 and the other with 115 hours. I have been a part of these organizations for 5+ years if that helps
10. Experience as a tutor/mentor/college advisor- 1000+ hours working with low income high school students
11. None
12. Recently diagnosed chronic illness, has helped me with my story a lot

I have 1 generic LOR and the others in my opinion are stellar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

<<Non Clinical Volunteering 715 hours, 2 experiences one with 600 and the other with 115 hours. I have been a part of these organizations for 5+ years if that helps>>

The description of non clinical volunteering is not helpful at all. (Sorry to be blunt.)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I am a California resident. And in terms of the non-clinical volunteering, I have a total of 715 hours. The first experience which is 600 hours was a faith based organization where I was part of leadership and we held various religious types of programs like talks, prayers, etc. The other experience which I have 115 hours in was also faith based but we held/helped organize things likes camps, a school and stuff like that.

So the 600 hours was helping within your faith based organization and organizing events? It’s volunteering but not really service to those less fortunate then.

I would suggest:
UC Davis (if from Northern or Central CA)
UCR (only if from IE or attended UCR)
CUSM
Loma Linda (if your faith is similar)

Chances best at DO, and I would suggest:

Western
Touro CA
Touro NV
KCOM
KCU
Campbell
Marian
PCOM
LECOM
NYIT
DMU
ACOM

Reactions: 1 user
So the 600 hours was helping within your faith based organization and organizing events? It’s volunteering but not really service to those less fortunate then.

I would suggest:
UC Davis (if from Northern or Central CA)
UCR (only if from IE or attended UCR)
CUSM
Loma Linda (if your faith is similar)

Chances best at DO, and I would suggest:

Western
Touro CA
Touro NV
KCOM
KCU
Campbell
Marian
PCOM
LECOM
NYIT
DMU
ACOM
We did a lot of various different programs like organizing a backpack drive for some families in need and feeding homeless people, sorry if I didn't specify that but we did a lot of different things. What would be some good OOS schools? I had the following in mind:
Albany Medical College
Drexel
Eastern Virginia
Wayne State
Hackensack
TCU
Tulane
George Washington
Medical College of Wisconsin
Loyola

Also, what about cal northstate and CSUM? Again, thank you for the advice.

We did a lot of various different programs like organizing a backpack drive for some families in need and feeding homeless people, sorry if I didn't specify that but we did a lot of different things. What would be some good OOS schools? I had the following in mind:
Albany Medical College
Drexel
Eastern Virginia
Wayne State
Hackensack
TCU
Tulane
George Washington
Medical College of Wisconsin
Loyola

Also, what about cal northstate and CSUM? Again, thank you for the advice.
You said 600 hours was for prayer and religious talks and then 115 was for events like that you just described.

You could try Tulane, TCU and Loyola depending on what your service hours breakdown to. Drexel, Albany, and maybe MCW too. MCAT is low for those schools though too. I included CUSM already (California University in San Bernardino). CNU has accreditation problems, I would not recommend them.

So IMO: would the 715 non-clinical volunteering hours is really under leadership and not necessarily community service, based on how you have described your role?
I mean I think of it as a little bit of both. I was mostly in charge of youth (like being on a board). But I would also volunteer with other groups from the church where I wasn't on leadership.