WAMC 3.86 cGPA 3.87sGPA 521 MCAT wanting help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrgrande

Reaction score
Hi all, currently planning my application for the 23-24 cycle and my advisor has been ghosting me so I am looking for some second opinions on my current school list

1. 3.86 cGPA 3.87 sGPA
  2. MCAT 521 129/129/131/132
  3. State of residence or country: MA
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Mexican/White
  5. Clinical experience: 2 gap years as a CRC, ~3000 hours, lots of patient interaction
  6. Research experience: very little, around 40 hours across the last 2 months but have a few abstracts that are currently pending peer review, will hopefully have some published by May/June
  7. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 80 hours, all interventional radiology
  8. Non-clinical volunteering: 30 hours at a soup kitchen, 100 at a local homeless shelter
  9. Other extracurricular activities: TA for intro bio, 5 semesters sophomore-senior year, colleges powerlifting team junior-senior year. LOR: 2 doctors and 1 science prof, all 3 should be very strong. Strong ties to Arizona.

My current list is as follows:
UMass
BU
Tufts
Harvard
Hofstra
Mt Sinai
Perelman
Stanford
U of Chicago
U of Cincinnati
U of Michigan
U of Pittsburg
Rochester
U of Virginia
USF
Dartmouth
U of Iowa
U of Arizona Pheonix & Tuscon
Albert Einstein
Creighton
Emory
Brown
Yale
Vanderbilt

I know volunteer hours are low but I'm hoping my stats & clinical hours will make up for that weakness. Any changes to my list or general advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You may want to shadow a physician who is in a more traditional outpatient office-setting. Try to get the soup kitchen up to 50 hours if possible over the next month and a half.

Add:
Miami
Colorado
Mayo
Ohio State
WUSTL

Reactions: 1 user