MD & DO WAMC 3.87/3.81/517

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okayyyalx

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Connect with the CA schools closest to your home base where you have been doing a lot of community work. Go to recruitment events and talk with APAMSA and MSPA officers who help with premed recruitment. Definitely get more shadowing.

You need another 40 hours of in person physician shadowing (including primary care) and more clinical volunteering hours would also help your chances. I suggest these schools with your stats:
UCSF
UCLA
UCSD
UC Davis
UC Irvine
USC Keck
UC Riverside (of you are from that region)
Kaiser
California University
USF Morsani
Miami
Duke
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
George Washington
Jefferson
Drexel
Temple
Pittsburgh
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Rochester
Tufts
U Michigan
Cincinnati
Western Michigan
Northwestern
Rosalind Franklin
TCU

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Connect with the CA schools closest to your home base where you have been doing a lot of community work. Go to recruitment events and talk with APAMSA and MSPA officers who help with premed recruitment. Definitely get more shadowing.

Thank you! I didn't know APAMSA existed until now, will be sure to connect with them.
You need another 40 hours of in person physician shadowing (including primary care) and more clinical volunteering hours would also help your chances. I suggest these schools with your stats:
UCSF
UCLA
UCSD
UC Davis
UC Irvine
USC Keck
UC Riverside (of you are from that region)
Kaiser
California University
USF Morsani
Miami
Duke
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
George Washington
Jefferson
Drexel
Temple
Pittsburgh
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Rochester
Tufts
U Michigan
Cincinnati
Western Michigan
Northwestern
Rosalind Franklin
TCU

Thank you for the school list! Will definitely look into all of these and see how they fit for me, do you have any suggestions for reach schools? I would like to cast a wide net next cycle and have the money and time to do so.

Thank you! I didn't know APAMSA existed until now, will be sure to connect with them.

Thank you for the school list! Will definitely look into all of these and see how they fit for me, do you have any suggestions for reach schools? I would like to cast a wide net next cycle and have the money and time to do so.
You can apply to any reach school that appeals to you.

Reactions: 1 users