WAMC 3.96 GPA / 512 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agt8at

Reaction score
  1. GPA: 3.96
  2. MCAT: 512
  3. State of residence: Virginia
  4. Race: white
  5. Undergraduate institution: University of Virginia
  6. Clinical experience (all non-volunteer): 100 hours as personal care attendant for man with cerebral palsy; 200 hours as an EMT for a medical transport company)
  7. No research experience :(
  8. Shadowing experience: 40 hours with dermatologist who specializes in Mohs surgery; 8 hours with plastic surgeon; 8 hours with gynecologist; 8 hours with ER doctor
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 50 hours with “Adopt-a-grandparent” program where you visit your assigned grandparent at the retirement home for an hour each week”; 140 hours with therapeutic riding program in which I was the program director for my university
  10. Other extracurricular activities: UVA horseback riding team (participated for 4 years; leadership: Vice President, merch chair, alumni chair); Hoos Connected (peer mentor program in which I facilitated discussions between first year students each week; participated as group member for one year and as facilitator for 3 years); UVA in Valencia (I studied abroad in Valencia for a month last summer)
  11. Gap year plans: 1900 more clinical hours as medical assistant for dermatology practice in Richmond, VA
  12. Relevant honors or awards: just Dean’s list
  13. School list: I am interested in schools on the East Coast that are within my stats range

Members don't see this ad.

Which have you identified?
-all of my state schools (in VA)
-WVU
-UConn
-UMD
-UMiami
-UNC
-Wake Forest
-Quinnipiac
-Drexel
-Rowan
-East Tennessee
-GWU
-Hackensack
-Howard
-Temple
-USC
-Penn State
-UVermont
-Rutgers
-Thomas Jefferson
-Tufts
-Tulane
-Uniformed Services

UConn, Rutgers, UNC, East Tennessee, Rowan admit very few non residents with a MCAT of 512 and no connection to the state. Howard mainly admits applicants from the African American community. USC is a far reach. You could add these schools:
New York Medical College
Albany
NOVA MD

Reactions: 1 user