WAMC 3.98 cgpa 511 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilSatxrn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have a 3.9 cgpa, 4.0 sgpa, and 511 mcat. I'm from New York btw
Other info:
  • 800 hours of research
  • 500 hours volunteering
  • Economically disadvantaged
  • Focus on urban care
Can anyone recommend if I should apply to more med schools and which? I want to maximize my chances now so I don't have to reapply. MD schools I've applied to so far:
  • NYMC
  • Suny downstate
  • Suny upstate
  • Mt. Sinai (reach school)
  • Einstein
  • UBuffalo
  • Stony brook
  • Albany
  • NYU Long Island
  • Rutgers
  • Rutgers robert wood johnson
  • Cooper at Rowan
  • Penn state
  • Jefferson
  • Temple LKSOM
  • Drexel
  • Howard
  • Wright state
  • Wayne state
  • OUWB
  • George washington (reach)
  • Frank h netter at Quinnipiac
  • Seton hall
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any physician shadowing hours or clinical volunteering hours with patient contact ? Are you from a URM community ?

Do you have any physician shadowing hours or clinical volunteering hours with patient contact ? Are you from a URM community ?
Forgot to mention, I have about 70 hours shadowing an ER physician and residents. Also the 500 hours volunteering hours I mentioned are clinical volunteering hours. I have about 100 non-clinical volunteering hours. And no, I am not from a URM.

The reason I asked if you are URM is that Howard mainly accepts applicants from the African American community or those with an extensive history to that community. Also the Rutgers schools and Cooper accept few applicants with no connection to New Jersey. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Rochester
Hofstra
Virginia Commonwealth
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin

Reactions: 1 user