MD WAMC 4.0/514 Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mackrae

Reaction score
Coming up on my third cycle applying this May. My undergrad GPA was a 4.0 from NCSU (2020 Biology BS), MCAT score 514. 23yo white female.

-Volunteer work for 2 years with hospice.
-1 month shadowing an OBGYN.

-1.5 year working as a PCA (geriatric caregiver).
-Going on a year of working part time as an EMTB at a fire department/ambulance bay.
-Just started a full time job as a medical assistant/scribe for an Internal Medicine private practice.
-Worked 7 months as a covid testing coordinator and set medic for two film productions.

Research: worked in a forensic lab for two years of undergrad, participated in two symposiums.

This cycle I’m waitlisted at UNC and ECU (Brody).

Next cycle I plan to apply to UNC Chapel Hill, ECU, Duke, Wake Forest, MCOG, MUSC, UVA, VCU, Vanderbilt, Eastern VA Med, and University of Arizona.

WAMC + any schools I should remove or ones not listed I should consider?
TIA!!!

Members don't see this ad.

There is still time for waitlist movement. Hopefully you hear good news.

How many hours do you have for these activities? If you’ve been working, I imagine you have thousands of hours now in clinical experience. Do you have any non-clinical volunteering?

Your very short school list (I assume it’s been about the same in past cycles) is limiting your chances. Medical College of Georgia, MUSC and Arizona take few out of state residents without ties. UVA and Vanderbilt are likely reaches with your current MCAT. There are many schools you could possibly add if you ok with that. I would suggest applying to DO as well.

I presume you have in-state choices for a reason. I hope the waitlist moves for you.

Did I miss your community service experiences? You obviously have enough for interviews, but I want to be sure this won't be a problem going to a third application.