MD & DO WAMC? (504/c3.84/s3.81) Any advice would be appreciated :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gung11

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I have compiled a pretty heavy list of schools for both MD and DO. Im not including allll of them here, but rather a sample of some schools I'm most interested in to see what my chances are.

Any advice, thoughts, and questions are welcome! Thank you so much in advance!! :)

Asian Female, CA, Univ. of Southern California, Science Major
MCAT: 504 x 2: (129/123/126/126) & (128/123/125/128)
cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.81
*both calculated by AMCAS and AACOMAS after verification

Activities:
* hours are rough estimates
  • Research/Lab: 3000+ Hr (Data Coordinator at UC Irvine Cancer Center (doing this during my 1.5 gap year))
  • Community Service/Volunteer - Medical/Clinical: 355 hours (Multiple Mission trips (Guatemala x3, Honduras x2), Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles)
  • Community Service/Volunteer - Not Medical/Clinical: 224 hours (Spanish translator at eye clinic in LA, SCOUT (campus club that taught science experiments to elementary schools in the area))
  • Leadership: 200+ hours (Team Coordinator for mission trips (x2 years/trips))
  • Shadowing: 154 Hours (Hospital Preceptorship and private practices)
  • Paid Employment - Medical/Clinical: 480 Hours (Optometric Assistant)
  • Teaching/Tutoring/Teaching Assistant: 224 Hours (2 private tutoring companies (1st semester Fr yr and after graduation), Cadaver Lab Teaching Assistant 1 semester)
  • Awards: Magna Cum Laude, Renaissance Scholar (USC academic distinction for pursuing 2 distance fields of study- business finance minor), SCion Scholar (USC Alumni Scholarship)
Schools:
MD Schools:​
  • Loma Linda University
  • UC Riverside
  • UC Davis
  • University of Nevada, Reno
  • University of Nevada, LV
  • Michigan State University
  • Medical College of Wisconsin
    • What about their 3 year programs?
  • Oakland University William Beaumont
  • University of Illinois
  • Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin
  • Loyola Stritch
  • University of South Carolina - Greenville
  • University of Alabama
  • Toledo
  • Tulane
DO Schools:​
  • Western University - Pomona
  • Touro University - Vallejo
  • Touro University - Nevada
  • AT Still University - Arizona (ATSU)
  • Midwestern Arizona (AZCOM)

Thank you so much guys!! I hope your apps are going well for those of you who are applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Remove OOS state public schools including both Nevada schools, Michigan State, Illinois, South Carolina, Alabama, Toledo since they accept very few non residents with a MCAT of 504 and no connection to the state. Add more DO schools and I suggest these:
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
VCOM (all schools)
CUSOM

Remove OOS state public schools including both Nevada schools, Michigan State, Illinois, South Carolina, Alabama, Toledo since they accept very few non residents with a MCAT of 504 and no connection to the state. Add more DO schools and I suggest these:
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
VCOM (all schools)
CUSOM

Hi! Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, I already submitted my application and cant remove schools, but I appreciate your honesty! Im in for a ride lol

What do you think about my chances at Loma Linda University or UC Riverside?

Thanks!

If you fit the mission at Loma Linda you could receive an interview. If you are from the region where UC Riverside is located you could receive an interview there.