WAMC 518/3.9x IL Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Present-Row-4056

Reaction score
Stats:

1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS: 3.95 cGPA/3.95 sGPA – BS Chemistry
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 518 (132/125/131/130)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): IL
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: White
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: State School
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer):
    1. 180 hours Emergency Department Volunteer
    2. 80 hours Oncology Unit Volunteer
  7. Research experience and productivity:
    1. 750 hours in organic chemistry lab
      • 1 publication under review, 2nd author
      • 1 manuscript in process, 3rd author
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. 25 hours General Surgery
    2. 25 hours Internal Medicine
    3. 10 hours Cardiology
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. 100 hours in Farmers Market working for program that enables food stamp use for fresh produce.
    2. 100 hours Coaching Youth Sport that I play
    3. 50 other various hours
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. 750 hours summer employment as lifeguard
    2. 2500+ hours as student athlete – team captain
  11. Relevant honors or awards
    1. Dean’s List
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important
    1. None
I am currently a junior applying for the 2023-2024 cycle, but I am considering taking a gap year to improve my ECs (mostly clinical experience and volunteering). If I do end up taking a gap year, I will look to work with the undeserved in some form.

For my school list, I am aware that I have a lot of “low-yield” schools but they are in locations I like so I am okay with extra secondaries. Are there any schools that I should remove or add?

School List: UChicago, WashU, Yale, Duke, Vanderbilt, Mayo, Northwestern, UMich, Case Western, UPitt, UVA, URoch, OHSU, Dartmouth, UIowa, VCU, EVU, Vermont, Vtech, BU, UCinc, UCol, Tufts, Thomas Jefferson, Penn State, Temple, Albany, UIC, SIUE

Members don't see this ad.

OHSU admits few applicants with no connection to the state. You could add any of these schools:
Western Michigan
USF Morsani
Miami
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Cincinnati
Kaiser

OP, dump these as they're likely resource protect you out: Penn State, Temple, Albany,VCU, EVU, Vtech,

School List: UChicago, WashU, Yale, Duke, Vanderbilt, Mayo, Northwestern, UMich, Case Western, UPitt, UVA, URoch, Dartmouth, UIowa, Vermont, BU, UCinc, UCol, Tufts, Thomas Jefferson, UIC,

SIUE: keep ONLY if you're from the southern half of the state.

ADD:
U VM
U MI
U WI
U Miami
U SF/Morsani
Einstein
Emory
Hofstra
NYU
Stanford
UCSF